My horrible food day - Totally OFF the diet!

Options
WiiWiiWii
WiiWiiWii Posts: 10 Member
There was nowhere else to post this, so here we go! Today was day one and I totally bombed it. I was fat shamed today on Facebook and got super depressed. I've logged every bite and I've eaten over 1400 calories. I'm so disappointed in myself. How could I allow this to happen? How can I find the motivation to do well tomorrow? I want to blow it out of the water! I want to eat 900 calories and lose a pound! How do you motivate?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    1400 is my calorie goal, I regularly eat it and lose weight just fine! 900 a day is WAY too little.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm eating between 1400 and 1600 every day...900 calories isn't enough for your daily functions. All I can suggest is you need to get over whatever someone on facebook said, and focus on you. Do a little research on healthy eating, maybe learn a bit about CICO...I motivate by eating enough every day so I don't feel the need to binge, regardless of what the circumstances around me, or happening to me, may be. That's not to say I don't eat yummy stuff, I do...but my calorie goal is high enough that I can eat them without any guilt, and still lose weight. You can too.
  • mandi_manson
    mandi_manson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 I lose weight every week.
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1370 *my daily* and 1700 depending on how much I workout. Under 1200 is not a healthy goal. You should be eating your targeted daily at least. You don't have to eat back your cals you earned for activity but the guidelines are there for a reason. Might I add I had a week where I ate 1900 almost daily and lost my biggest yet at 4.8 pounds that week. Work the program, think health not skinny
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To the bold part - What?
  • KevFit413
    KevFit413 Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree, 900 calories is WAY too low! I think Lakemom was talking about the GMO's maybe ? As to the water supply rigging, I'm not sure. I know some plants use fluoride in the water -- not sure what else.
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Thanks you guys. I really shouldn't let those comments on Facebook affect me, but they came from my closest and favorite cousin. I had no idea he thought sonlittle of people who aren't in perfect health. I'm disabled with a spinal injury and I also have a lap band. My activity is so low that my doctors agree in order for me to lose weight I have to stay under 1000 calories per day, but they're also super intense on WHAT I eat and drink. I ended up.eating 1800 calories yesterday which is twice the normal amount for me. I do understand why , legally, people say a minimum of 1200 calories to stay healthy, but that's for someone without my physical issues... Often times doctors recommend less to patients for many different reasons but I do agree the AVERAGE person should eat no less than 1200 cals. Per day. And, when a person is eating that little, they have to really be accurate about calories burned so they can make up for that in caloric intake. Its a very delicate balance and everyone is different.

I'm really trying to find the motivation to get on with this life style change. I have made so many great nutritional changes over the years and I eat 90% clean. My son goes to school at 8am, as I sip my coffee and then I'm so bored all day I just sit in the computer and think about food. I've struggled with so many issues over the years when it comes to nutrition and dieting that I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown. I'm so close to writing a book about how awful our dieting society is, how awful our govt is when poisoning foods, how our water supply is rigged and we are being medicated... Its really difficult for me to wrap my head around the fact that we have total control of what goes into our bodies. Idk I'm think I'm really on the edge.

To the bold part - What?

This is why we say no to crack, kids
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Shame on the fat shamer - that reflects badly on him/her/them - not you! Shrug it off, tomorrow is a new day, just start over. 900 calories is too low, though, and not only will add to your desire to overeat but also contributes to the depression and anxiety you feel
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201103/dieting-can-make-you-lose-your-mind
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to stay on track if I pre-log what I plan to eat for the day the night before. Sometimes I even pack my lunch or pull together items for dinner the next night if I have to leave for the gym super-early. Then when I get up, I make my breakfast (which I take to work or in the car or whatever), pack my lunch, and start dinner in the slow cooker or defrost meat from the freezer or do whatever is necessary to stay on task. I stay motivated because I want to lose a pound every week. If I gain a pound every week, I can see where I am going to end up!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This is what I've got from your posts
    You are disabled with a spinal issue
    Have a lap band
    Are under doctors supervision dietary wise
    Believe in conspiracy whackadoodle theories
    Are worried by a passing comment on Facebook that wasn't directed at you
    Sit at home on computer
    Eat your emotions

I would suggest
    Follow Physio lead exercise plan ...strength building? Swimming?
    Get rid of your internet or at least Facebook and conspiracy sites
    Get up and get out more within your capabilities
    Meal plan, go shopping and cook fresh
    Speak to your therapist and medical team
    Pre-log your food
    Find a hobby
  • sandkaro
    sandkaro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about them, you're doing this for you and if someone decides to shame you and waste their time on that then they obviously don't have anything better to do and feel like you're important enough to put their time on you. Stand above it and shut them up by eating as many calories as you need and living a healthy life.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I quit Facebook two years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Too much high school-esque drama, negativity, and mean-spirited people hiding behind their electronic devices. You might want to consider it. It's very liberating.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Screw critics. Log it and move on.