IDEAL PROTEIN???

Options
Hello All -

Has anyone tried the Ideal Protein diet with the shakes/bars etc.? My friend has been on it and lost a significant amount of weight and it 'seems' to be healthy. The only downfall is the cost - it is rather expensive. Before I gave it a try, I wanted to try and gather some feedback from the support at this amazing site - any / all comments are welcome!!

Thanks and have a great day!! :)

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I would love to know too
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My dad is on it, and has lost something like 40 lbs. I wouldn't go on it for all the tea in China (that's right, all the tea) because at the end I see regain when you start slacking a little. However, it seems to be a solid program.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This looks exactly like a high protein low carb diet. No need to buy stuff from their website.
  • raglant
    raglant Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been on the Ideal Protein diet for about 6 weeks and its going well. I have a ton of energy and i'm rarely hungry. What I'm struggling with now is the food is getting boring to me. Glad to see others have had success and will continue reading. Would love to connect with those that are working the diet..
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have a customer (I waitress) who lost a ton of weight on it. And never learned anything about eating correctly so now, he is slowly balooning back up. He dosen't know what he can eat because he ate all the packaged stuff. Its easier to just eat right. Then you can keep it off.
  • raglant
    raglant Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Which is my fear...i'm actually considering coming off and doing weight watchers or simply the good old healthy eating chart and exercise once I feel i am at least disciplined enough to do it.
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    I have to agree with the other members: the danger of regaining the weight after you transition to Phase 4 is very much a concern. I guess the bug question is, "Do you possess the will, the integrity to monitor your eating habits for the rest of your life."