Any ORANGETHEORY Fanatics out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• CyndyLeeForFreedom
    CyndyLeeForFreedom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's awesome! I very rarely get more than 520 calories burned in an hour class.
    I go 5 times a week and often find that I have to go to power walker after a push or an all out which is weird because I'm an endurance runner. I think my body isn't used to the sprints. I'm also trying to concentrate on building muscle. I break down after 13 miles and really would love to complete a marathon. OTF is great because I know it will help me reach my goals. I'm not able to run in the cold weather so I thank God an OTF opened near me because it's so much fun and motivating and keeps me moving when it's cold. When my running season starts back up, I don't think I will EVER stop going to OTF. Initially I started just to get me through winter.
  • CyndyLeeForFreedom
    Options
    Omg...I've been away and missing all these great responses. I'm sorry. Wasn't getting the notifications.
    Anyway...my OTF mentality has been more is more. But maybe I will cut back to 4 times a week. I currently go Fri/Sat/Sun/Monday/Tue with Wednesday and Thursday off.
    I feel by Tuesday I'm utterly fatigued.
    I haven't lost any weight after almost 30 classes but I'm seeing changes in my body.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    What is it? $129/month???!!!???
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think it's more than that here for unlimited classes.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Omg...I've been away and missing all these great responses. I'm sorry. Wasn't getting the notifications.
    Anyway...my OTF mentality has been more is more. But maybe I will cut back to 4 times a week. I currently go Fri/Sat/Sun/Monday/Tue with Wednesday and Thursday off.
    I feel by Tuesday I'm utterly fatigued.
    I haven't lost any weight after almost 30 classes but I'm seeing changes in my body.

Holy hell that's a lot of OTF. I pay $89 for 8 classes/month (2x week) and that is plenty for me combined with lifting 4x week. If I did OTF 20x a month I'd lose too much too fast.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yay....some really cool OTFers. Ha ha. That almost sounds like an insult.
    I definitely drink the cool aid. I was waiting waiting waiting for the one near me to open up and couldn't wait anymore so for a month, I drove 1.5 hours to get to the nearest one.
    Now the one near me is open and doing trial classes for 2 weeks prior to opening for their founding members. This is my 5th class in 5 days. I'm glad I signed up for the unlimited package.
    Does anyone have a low resting heart rate like me and have a hard time getting into the orange? I also have an issue with how they figure the max HR which determines which zones you get put in. They set everyone's max HR 10 bpms higher because they use the calculation 230 minus your age instead of 220. So that makes it even harder to get into the orange.
    Either way, I'm 18 classes in and I feel amazing. Not losing much weight though but I think it's because I'm losing fat and gaining muscle.
    Please friend me if you're interested.

my resting heart rate is in the 40s so if i get in the orange for one or two splat points per class its a miracle :s so i don't even pay much attention to it unfortunately. i'm typically non-stop the entire class and know i got a good workout in
  • CyndyLeeForFreedom
    Options
    I'm trying not to look at splats but I'm so darn number oriented.
    I think because I'm going so frequently, it's making me really hungry, all the time. Maybe that's why I'm not losing weight.
    If anyone wants to take this convo to FB, I have a FB group, it's called OTF Fanatics. If you search it, you'll find it. I just started it so there's no members yet.
  • svkalra
    svkalra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started OTF 1 month ago. It's really been working out for me and I feel stronger and more active now. I usually burn around 850 calories, which is amazing. I was completely sore the first couple of times, but that doesn't happen anymore, I do a lot stretching at home and drink a lot of water. I go twice a week only. I would go more often but the instructor on Tuesdays and Thursday plays horrible rap music, which isn't motivating, it's actually annoying music. Would be nice if they just played top 25 or more mainstream music . Looking forward to continue with them and keep progressing my health and figure.
  • kmartdiet
    kmartdiet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love OTF! I've had a membership for a few months but have only started getting really serious in January. Have lost 11 lbs in 6 weeks!! I've worked my way to going 4-5 times a week.

Question for everyone, with as many calories as we burn in a workout, do you all enter in all of those in mfp? I find that to be a lot of calories to add to eat in a day. Especially because once I hit my goal weight I probably won't be working out quite as frequently so I don't want to get to accustomed to rating that many calories. What has everyone else been doing and what kind of results? Curious what has worked out best for others
  • vilyda123
    vilyda123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just joined OTF. Due to minor surgery can't start until 3/1 but I'm so excited!
  • CyndyLeeForFreedom
    Options
    vilyda123 wrote: »
    Just joined OTF. Due to minor surgery can't start until 3/1 but I'm so excited!

It will be the best workout you ever had
  • CyndyLeeForFreedom
    Options
    kmartdiet wrote: »
    Question for everyone, with as many calories as we burn in a workout, do you all enter in all of those in mfp? I find that to be a lot of calories to add to eat in a day. Especially because once I hit my goal weight I probably won't be working out quite as frequently so I don't want to get to accustomed to rating that many calories. What has everyone else been doing and what kind of results? Curious what has worked out best for others

My philosophy is if you are at goal weight, you can use those extra calories but not on a consistent basis. Maybe 3 times a week, use those extra calories.
    If you are trying to lose, I wouldn't eat them back at all but make sure the calories you do eat are SUPER HIGH in protein otherwise you will lose the muscle you're are trying so hard to build.
    But here's the problem. If you are eating too little for your activity level, you run the risk of slowing your metabolism. So what it comes down to is just use them if you are feeling really really hungry. If you're doing high protein though, you shouldn't be feeling famished. Eat small amounts frequently. And if you are working out a lot, take BCAAs. They help me tremendously with recovery...but not only that, they help me not crave sweets and decrease my appetite.
    Look up the group OTF Fanatics on Facebook. There's not a lot of people yet but I'm getting people on board.