What am i doing wrong.....

Options
Ok Ive been doing this calorie count for a week now and followed the 1200 calories. I have even excersized the 60min a day. I got on the scale this morning and gained weight. What did I do wrong??

Replies

• dragonladey
    Options
    Ok Ive been doing this calorie count for a week now and followed the 1200 calories. I have even excersized the 60min a day. I got on the scale this morning and gained weight. What did I do wrong??
  • SUCCESSISMINEIN09
    Options
    You may have gained muscle mass try tracking your inches!
    Also make sure you are eating the 1200 and adding in your workout. Not eat 1200 and workout.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    And drink plenty of water!! That does help more than people realize.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

We're in this for the long haul, it's a lifestyle change. I understand we want to see changes and see them NOW, but it didn't take us a week to get this way and it ain't going to take a week............

I like to think of it this way: my body is not a computer. I understand the "logic" and "math" behind the whole thing but that doesn't mean my body is going to react exactly to the number on the calculator.

Stick with it. You are doing good things for yourself. Re-read the newbies threads. :flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Nothing.

We're in this for the long haul, it's a lifestyle change. I understand we want to see changes and see them NOW, but it didn't take us a week to get this way and it ain't going to take a week............

I like to think of it this way: my body is not a computer. I understand the "logic" and "math" behind the whole thing but that doesn't mean my body is going to react exactly to the number on the calculator.

Stick with it. You are doing good things for yourself. Re-read the newbies threads. :flowerforyou:

I really like the way you said this! Makes a lot of sense to me. :flowerforyou:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I agree make sure you are drinking plenty of water and you may want to check that you are eating the right amount of calories. If you are not eating enough your body may be trying to hold on to what you do eat because its not receiving what it needs. Try this website to calulate you calorie intake http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Don't give up this is a journey that we are on it will take time to reach our goals good luck Jenn
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Im hanging in! I drink alot of water. I have taken out everything but water. thanks for the help! Im also staying under my calories and working out. I think my body is confused right now. But I do feel better!
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Try tracking your sodium if you don't already to prevent water retention. Also, a good workout can actually make you retain water, too, so keep that in mind, and keep drinking extra to flush it all out.

And your body doesn't react to changes instantly, it has to have time to balance itself out. If you've been living a certain way for a long time and make huge changes all of a sudden, give your body time to adjust. When I first started here last year, it took around 2 or 3 weeks before I saw a drop on the scale, but then it started dropping off, at least 2 lbs a week.
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Really! That makes me feel better. I was expecting at least a 1lb by now but I didnt think about the water rertention. So hopefully in another week I will start to see progress. Im not giving up though! Ive carried this weight for to long.