desk exercise

Options
MB1967
MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
Hi,

does anyone have ideas of any exercises that I can while at my desk (without looking very odd to the rest of the office)?

It seems daft to be sat her not burning calories off all day long..

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    If you have a sturdy enough chair, you can do chair dips. Just sit in your chair and put your hands on the arm rest and lift. Go until failure.

Leg extensions. Really concentrate on flexing the quads while extended.

Put your purse, man purse, breifcase, or use your hands to press on your knees and do calf raises.

For core, do ab flexes. Sit in chair and concentrate on tightening your stomach and bend just a tad to get a full contraction.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job as well. I have taken to just taking 10 minutes & walking the length of the building once or twice at a quick pace. A desk exercise no one can see - while sitting, with your feet on the floor, raise your heels, keeping your toes on the floor. Engage your thighs, calves, and core stomach (core muscles). Just keep repeating.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I'll be keeping a sharp eye on this thread. I fly a desk for about 12 hours a day, so want to break up the day with some good office workouts.
  • kimbernic
    kimbernic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was just looking into this topic myself. I am stuck sitting at a desk all day. Here is a link to a pretty good article that lists some exercises.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk
  • kimbernic
    kimbernic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention, another thing I have done was got a group together and we walk at lunch. It is a small group but it gets me up and out for a little bit.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh, glad I found this thread.

Any suggestions on desk exercises to do in 'ninja mode' ie so nobody knows you are doing them?!!
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I fidget constantly. I drive my colleagues made with how much I move. As I type i'm kind of wiggling... I bounce my leg constantly. When I go to the bathroom i'll do squats/lunges in the stall. Tighten core muscles constantly. Walk around the office as much as I can. Just try to avoid sitting still! :)
  • minlyn22
    minlyn22 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump...and thank you all.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have a stride cycle under my desk and try to get in a 30 minute session in the AM and another one in the PM.

I also want to bring a pair of sneakers to leave here at work so I can walk the building on my lunch break. There are four flights of stairs, so I want to make laps in a zig-zag pattern - walk to one set of stairs and then go down, walk to the next set and come back up, and so on. I get an hour for lunch.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    bump