Starting day 1 on a new diet plan

Options
Taking a big step in my life after 6 years of trucking over the road I have recently had a career change. And the effects are serious. I weigh in at 250lbs right now. Setting a goal to loose 35lbs in a month with this diet plan and excersise. If you have any tips that can help I would greatly appreciate it. 200 calorie small portion meals 6 times a day to boost metabolism. What y'all think?

Replies

• safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Kudos on starting this journey! Eating frequemt small meals is a good idea. With regular exercise you'll be dropping pounds in no time. However 35lb in a month is a steep task. Aim 2lb a week max. It's more healthy and the weight will stay off longer. It's going to take a few months but it'll totally be worth it! Are you including weight training in your exercise?
  • bigcountry89je48
    Options
    Weight training will be next on my list, I'm doing some home workouts that were recommended to me by a crossfit trainer he said its best to start off getting lean then work with mass. I can't argue with him to much lol he dropped 75lbs in a matter of 6 months.
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    35 lbs in a month..? That would mean you'd need to go almost 4.000 calories in minus daily. Impossible.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of IF (intermittent fasting) Remember it took several months to add the lbs so be patient with yourself to shred it and take measurements versus soley relying on the scale. Best wishes!
  • miriamm4je88
    miriamm4je88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • bigcountry89je48
    Options
    I set a goal, now whether I meet it or not I don't know but I'm sure going to try my hardest and see how close I can get to it. Patience, diet, and exercise is what I've got going for me. I can try
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I set a goal, now whether I meet it or not I don't know but I'm sure going to try my hardest and see how close I can get to it. Patience, diet, and exercise is what I've got going for me. I can try

Small meals won't "boost your metabolism." That's just a recent gimmick to sell diet books. Just pick something that fits your current lifestyle, now and for the future. Losing weight is just the first step. Often the harder step is keeping the weight you do lose, off.

Time based goals can be discouraging. Let's say you lose "only" 6 pounds in 1 month. 1.5 pounds a week is great progress. 1.5 pounds a week is way above average, unless you're looking at more than 75 pounds to lose. Don't let an unobtainable goal get you down.

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range

Exercise for overall fitness. That means cardio + strength training. If you add strength training early you will be able to keep more EXISTING lean muscle mass. When you lose weight you lose fat+muscle, unless you take steps to keep more of it. Don't put this off until you reach goal.

• bigcountry89je48
    Options
    Thanks teabea for all the advise