WHAT THE HECK! I'M gaining lost weight back

Options
I swear, I don't even take cheat days or cheat meals.

I'm eating in deficit and have not done anything out of line and I gained 3 lbs back that I lost.

Tuesday I was 216, Wednesday 217 and Friday I'm 219 what the actual heck. Only thing that has changed is my workout has gone down on Wednesday and Thursday cause I pulled my back muscle and didn't do regular HIIT instead just did upper body exercises. I didnt change my calories and kept eating 2300 goal. Starvation mode?

I weighed myself at same time under same conditions. It's not like magically I gained 3 lbs of muscle.

Whats happening damn

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as starvation mode. Weight fluctuates. Overall trend matters more than day to day changes.
  • Vortex88
    Vortex88 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is waaaaaay to short of a timeframe to measure anything. There are natural fluctuations caused mainly by hydration status, glycogen levels, when and how you are measuring. Relax and stick with your plan. Only adjust every 2 weeks (minimum) based on results.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, fluctuations will always occur and we are never one set weight consistently. Starvation mode doesn't exist, especially not at 2300 calories. You could have extra water weight due to muscle repair. Just ride is out; patience is key.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    xa4eik32fyk7.jpg

I love that raptor, it asks all of the right questions. Whenever I weigh myself it's always on the same day every week, at roughly the same time and in the same fed/unfed state and after I've been to the toilet. Basically, upon waking, go to toilet, wash hands, weigh myself, go eat. Weighing yourself is a scientific process that needs the same conditions consistently to give you an accurate result. As a side note, I was weighed at the doctors once and then weighed myself when I got back home and I discovered my socks weigh 3 kg.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,732 Member
    Options
    Use a trending weight app.
    Consider your weight to be your trending weight.

Libra--android
    happy scale--iphone
    www.trendweight.com (which I use). requires supported scale OR a free fitbit.com account which you can open without owning a fitbit device. connect the two accounts. enter your daily weight into fitbit.
    www.weightgrapher.com. same requirements as trendweight but also allows for manual data entry of weight.

Think happy thoughts about me when you recall this life changing post fondly in the years to come! :wink:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    A few days of water weight gain.

Did you change your diet such as have higher than normal carb ratio in your diet during this time, did you consume more sodium latent foods, or have you been off your diet up to this point and possibly derailed your deficit by eating more than you thought you were up to these days of weighing... ???

Starvation mode is a total myth. And eating at a 2300 calorie goal is totally not starving..

IMHO opnion, a person should have a weight range with in +/1 of 2/3 to 5 pounds. Weight fluctuations just happen.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You pulled a muscle. Muscle injuries involve retaining water for repair. You aren't going into starvation mode on 2300/day, you also aren't building a pound of fat a day on that count. Have you kept up on water intake as you've reduced your exercise?
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    xa4eik32fyk7.jpg

I love that raptor, it asks all of the right questions. Whenever I weigh myself it's always on the same day every week, at roughly the same time and in the same fed/unfed state and after I've been to the toilet. Basically, upon waking, go to toilet, wash hands, weigh myself, go eat. Weighing yourself is a scientific process that needs the same conditions consistently to give you an accurate result. As a side note, I was weighed at the doctors once and then weighed myself when I got back home and I discovered my socks weigh 3 kg.
    LOL this cracked me up.
    Yeah doctor scale I know always gives different weight cause of clothes on and everything else.
    I weighed myself at exact time and condition that's why it spooked me a bit.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Use a trending weight app.
    Consider your weight to be your trending weight.

Libra--android
    happy scale--iphone
    www.trendweight.com (which I use). requires supported scale OR a free fitbit.com account which you can open without owning a fitbit device. connect the two accounts. enter your daily weight into fitbit.
    www.weightgrapher.com. same requirements as trendweight but also allows for manual data entry of weight.

Think happy thoughts about me when you recall this life changing post fondly in the years to come! :wink:
    LOL I manually track as in with a pen on a paper and saw the trend rising. I'll download the app. Already sending you positive vibes. Thanks for your suggestion.

gia07 wrote: »
    A few days of water weight gain.

Did you change your diet such as have higher than normal carb ratio in your diet during this time, did you consume more sodium latent foods, or have you been off your diet up to this point and possibly derailed your deficit by eating more than you thought you were up to these days of weighing... ???

Starvation mode is a total myth. And eating at a 2300 calorie goal is totally not starving..

IMHO opnion, a person should have a weight range with in +/1 of 2/3 to 5 pounds. Weight fluctuations just happen.

Diet wasn't changed at all, that's why I got spooked. I usually only give basis to the weight I'm on every Saturday but this rise of 3 lbs scared me. Only thing changed was me taking 3 pills (non inflammation) for back muscle, one for each day. That's it. Diet wasn't changed.
  • viren19890
    Options
    You pulled a muscle. Muscle injuries involve retaining water for repair. You aren't going into starvation mode on 2300/day, you also aren't building a pound of fat a day on that count. Have you kept up on water intake as you've reduced your exercise?

OK this sounds logical and scientific and I could've never thought of that. I really didn't know how essential water is. I've taken non-inflammation pills 3 in 3 days. One for each day. Wonder if that contributed towards this as well.
  • viren19890
    Options
    Thank you everyone for posting. Also it was the first thing in the morning that's why I kind of got spooked.