Exercise ideas

Options
I need some exercise ideas!
At the moment I go for a 30 minute walk every day and am also doing around 20-30 mins a day on the Wii fit but I'm getting kind of bored with it.
I don't belong to a gym and I don't want to join one! I don't have the time (I work 10 hour shifts) or money so that is out of the question.
Last week I bought a mini exercise bike that you can use while sitting, I thought this would be a good idea to take to work with me as I'm sat at a desk all day long so I'm going to start using that from tomorrow.
And I got myself a skipping rope (I haven't skipped since I was a kid! lol) but so far I haven't used it yet (think I need to invest in a decent sports bra first!)
Does anyone have any other low cost ideas that I can fit around my work hours. I don't want to be spending all evening exercising when I get home from work! :smile:

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    www.exercisetv.tv has quite a good library of free workout videos!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Stairs. Find a public building with several stories and climb the stairs up and down until you are tired. It is a great workout and burns good calories, you could do bleachers at a local high school as well.
  • Meg28
    Meg28 Posts: 59
    Options
    How about running? It's as expensive as walking and more bang for your buck when it comes to weight loss.

YES, invest in a good sportsbra! They last a long time (don't put it in the dryer) so you'll get your money's worth. A lot of places are selling very cute trendy "yoga" sports bras. I would avoid these as they do not provide a lot of support.
  • Shakland
    Shakland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 Minute Solution videos that are pretty low cost and go on sale a lot at the big chain stores. I love that I can either customize and do any number of the routines, or just one if I'm low on time.
    Also, Sparkpeople has video workouts online.
    I have a mini-stepper and I love doing it when I'm home for the evening, I have a new magazine and I want to read a few articles. I just read and step! Or while watching tv.
    Also, what about purchasing a used bike and hitting a trail once a week?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Invest $10.00 in a zumba dvd, I have been doing zumba
    for a little over a month and have lost 13" in that time
    I combine it with walking/jogging and cardio.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    I love your stairs idea... I think I might have to try that. The gym that I belong to has one of those stair climbers but I just can't do it.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Omoge25
    Omoge25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals DVD's you can get them on amazon.com or Target! only $9 :)
    try zumba classes! most of them are very affordable and you don't have too be a member. :)
  • ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    what about an exercise ball to sit on at work instead of your desk chair? if you're allowed of course. they say it helps with balance and works the ab section b/c of stability. hope you find something that works for you :)
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Stairs. Find a public building with several stories and climb the stairs up and down until you are tired. It is a great workout and burns good calories, you could do bleachers at a local high school as well.

I quite often run up and down my own stairs a few times, it's well knackering! lol
    Can you explain what bleachers is? Sorry I'm from England and never heard of it!
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    Invest $10.00 in a zumba dvd, I have been doing zumba
    for a little over a month and have lost 13" in that time
    I combine it with walking/jogging and cardio.

I've tried Zumba but just can't keep up with it! lol It's too quick for me and I have no rhythm!
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    Can someone fill me in on the bleachers comment please? lol
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Bleacher are where people sit to watch sporting events. I don't know how to explain it any better. Our high school has them on either side of the football field.
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    Oh thanks! We don't have high schools over here and the schools that we have locally don't have them!
    But I know what you mean now :smile:
  • Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The Davina work out DVD's are meant to be great, perhaps you can pick one up cheap on ebay? :o)
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    DVD recommendations:

Any Jillian Michaels one - 30 Day Shred is a good place to start.
    Davina's ones are good. My 3 30 minute workouts or Super Body workout.
    Any Tae Bo one (martial arts style).
    10 Minutes Solutions ones are good.
    Charlie Brooks Before and After is really good.

Have a look on Amazon.