Discouraging...

Options
OK, slightly discouaraged. It's been awhile (2-3 months) and Im not losing 2lbs a week. Starting to think that not every calorie is equal LOL. I'm going to have to really get on it. Problem is I love my workouts so much I get to starving. I rarely, only once or twice a week go over my allowed calories and than, not much over at that and I'm just not seeing results. Any Suggestions?

Replies

• NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You say you aren't losing 2lb a week, but are you losing at all?
    What is your calorie goal?
    Do you eat back any of your exercise calories?

What I would suggest (not seeing your food journal) is to maybe add 100 calories for a week and see if you see any change. I know that when I am eating 1200 alone, I don't lose as much as if I eat closer to 1500.
  • morganginga
    morganginga Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You may try changing up your type of workouts. I've read articles that say if you do the same exercises for a while your body starts getting more efficient for those movements and you end up not burning as many calories as when you originally started.

That may not be it, but a possibility.
  • twinkietigress
    twinkietigress Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey there NamsMommy,

I am aiming at 1220 calories per day. I have been monkeying with losing the same 2 pounds and putting it back on etc for 2 months now. I do have a pretty intense exercise regimen. I love to bike and hours go by quickly LOL. Now with food Im usually under 1220 5 days a week and closer to 1400 on my one free day. I need to cut down on some bad foods... Im a sucker for a glass of wine etc but when your 1100 calories over you feel like its ok. and your starving too. sigh

Maybe I just need to eat more healthy calories?
  • twinkietigress
    Options
    Morganginga,

I love outdoor excercises of all kinds mainly I think I work out so much I give myself to much cheat permission.

:) Twinkie
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • Sherbare63
    Sherbare63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try spreading your calories out more throughout the day so you are always eating something every couple of hours.
  • twinkietigress
    Options
    Hroush AND Sherbare63,

I try to stay pretty even and rarely do I have extra calories but sometimes. It seems no matter what I eat in the morning I am an afternoon snacker. I can usually do good after dinner as I eat pretty late, somewhere around 6:30 or 7 depending on when I work out.

My hope I guess is that the weight is mainly muscle and I'll see some drop off soon at least in size. ( I measure weekly)

hmmm