Wanting to loose weight for sucessful pregnancy

Options
Hi wanting some inspiration to loose weight to help me in pregnancy. I've just suffered a miscarriage with twins and I can't help thinking it's my weight.... I'm not massivly overweight however I am in the obese catagory for my height.

I'm loosing all will to diet lately as the emotional strain is making me eat.. I'm also very picky don't like much. Clearly what I do like I'm eating far too much , portion sizes.

Just wanting some inspiration really and some help to even loose a stone at first would be fantastic.
Thanks for taking time to read my post.

Gemma xx

Replies

• penneyletrud
    penneyletrud Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request
  • gemgan01
    gemgan01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Penney xxx
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    When I first began in June 2013, one of my goals was to try for my 2nd child when I reached 155 lbs (a goal set partially by my husband). I started out at 211.6 lbs and I', only 5'2 so I was quite obese. Fast forward to April 2014 and I'd lost 57 lbs and reached that goal. One of the problems I'd had previously was not getting my periods at all, which of course affected my ability to get pregnant at all. Once I started losing the weight my periods began to come back and started to become regular. And because I weighed daily I could see when I actually ovulated based on the scale going up with water weight. It was actually a really cool science thing ;) Anyway, we began immediately Easter weekend and I got pregnant that same cycle. Had my baby January of 2015 and gained 24.6 lbs. I've since lost all of that plus and additional 21.5 lbs.

TBH, being picky doesn't matter. Eat your normal foods. Maybe try some new ones if you'd like. Otherwise fit what you do eat into your calorie goal. Consider investing in a food scale and weighing your food to get your portion sizes and logging accurate. If you want to exercise, pick activities you truly enjoy. Keep your eyes on the prize and you will get there eventually.
  • gemgan01
    gemgan01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aww Ninkyou thank you... That truely has lifted me up.... Yes I defiantly need to get my eye on the prize , going through something like that makes u loose hope.... Was a horrible experience bleeding for a whole two months has drained me...but I got my first negative test this morning after stopped bleeding for two days so I'm hoping my hormones will return to normal and I can't wait to try again..... Thank u so much for your help xxxx
  • mila0130
    mila0130 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear. Have you had your thyroid checked? I've had an unmentionable amount of miscarriages and it turns out my thyroid was probably the offender.
    But that's neither here nor there; let's get cracke'n! You can and will do this and everything thing will be a distant memory when you hold your newest addition. Promise.
    I have a lot more weight to lose but you can add me. I'll be that bigger friend you can stand next to one days you feel fat. Lol
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    WOW i'm amazed to see how supportive the community is here. Really proud of humanity.
    gemgan01 wrote: »
    Aww Ninkyou thank you... That truely has lifted me up.... Yes I defiantly need to get my eye on the prize , going through something like that makes u loose hope.... Was a horrible experience bleeding for a whole two months has drained me...but I got my first negative test this morning after stopped bleeding for two days so I'm hoping my hormones will return to normal and I can't wait to try again..... Thank u so much for your help xxxx

You have your "why" you want to lose. Now forget the past-don't worry about the future- Just work towards your "why" -

Don't even worry about results- they will show up- just take care of calories in and calories out. Measure your food and under-eat based on your TDEE .

Please try to incorporate veggies in all of your meals. If you are worried about protein (although) you don't need to but if you do-then just take whey protein. Its very cheap. 0.5-1 gram per pound of body weight.

I don't know how to add - but if you want -you can add me. I'm male -so not well versed in that specific subject but I've learned few things about diet being on this website.

Good luck
  • adtwin33
    adtwin33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have my support on having another kid :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for your loss! I had a still birth in October 2013. I still think about my baby, Julia, every single day. Every. single. day. The grief never truly goes away. But it does get easier to deal with. You will learn to handle the anger, despair and gut wrenching emotional turmoil. Dont be afraid to talk about your babies, if you want to...or to keep them to yourself if you want to. We all grieve differently and you have to do what feels right for you.

Please know that YOU DID NOT CAUSE your miscarraige. Hundreds of thousands of obese and morbidly obese women have successful pregnancies. I was one of them. I had 3 babies prior to losing Julia. And then went on to have one more in August of 2014 (2 cycles after my loss).

If you need to talk, message me. Id be more tham happy to talk, and possibly help with some grief and miscarraige online groups.