Suggestion for making Recipes on here

Options
Okay so I know that you can put how many servings your recipes makes but I think they should have it where it calculates how much that serving actually is. Like if you put 4 servings it will calculate the size of ur serving. If you put 6 servings then it will calculate the size of one of those servings and so on and so fourth. I just get confused sometimes as to how much one serving actually is when it comes to pasta and stuff. I get confused on measuring it! Just thought I'd suggest that. :)

Replies

• RainbowsAndButterflies
    Options
    you can always cut whatever you make evenly or if its a salad or something you cant cut you can lay it in something flat and divide it so theyre all equal
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i agree. i made soup in my crock pot today and i honestly have NO idea how many it serves. i guessed 6 - 1 cup servings, but now i think i over estimated.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion; I second that =)
  • ShirleyKwi
    ShirleyKwi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have a soup recipe that the serving size is 1/6 but unless I portion it into 6 servings I have to guestimate how much to have.
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    Glad to know I"m not alone. I felt a little silly posting it!
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    I've started including the number/type of servings in my recipe title, for example, "Black Bean Soup (1 cup)", so I won't forget how I set it up.