gestational diabetes anyone?

Options
Looking for anyone with GD as recently found out I have it

Replies

• neutroncore
    neutroncore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It might be transient during pregnancy. However; if uncontrolled it may have negative effects on the baby. If you don't already have one, find a good OBGYN doctor to closely monitor and control you GD.
    But as a basic info. As for type 2 diabetes, it is caused by insulin resistance, in addition to othor factors. if there is no contraindications, regular and appropriate exercise during pregnancy can help to decrease insulin resistance in adition to a versatile and balanced diet.

Wish you to get better ☺
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had it with my first pregnancy many years ago, it should go away after having the baby. Be prepared though, you will have a larger baby. My daughter was 10lb 7oz. I just had to go on a diabetic diet for the duration of my pregnancy and monitor my blood sugar. As long as you take care of yourself you should be fine, but I agree with neutroncore, you will need to be monitor by your doctor.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes with my pregnancy last year. As others have said, work with your doctor and follow their advice carefully. You don't necessarily end up with a huge baby if you can carefully control your sugars. If they will refer you to a dietician or public health nurse, take all the help you can get. It is a manageable condition but it requires much more work with diet and exercise.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i gave it to my mother.
  • hippymama22
    hippymama22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have it! You don't automatically have a large baby, just try to control your blood sugar and you should be great!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I had it with my first. My OB monitored me very closely and even had me seeing a dietician on a regular basis. I ended up developing pre eclampsia as well and ended up with a csection at 34 weeks. If I had carried to term, I don't think he would have been a large baby.