weight gain suddenly after workout

Options
2»

Replies

• mariaeli93
    mariaeli93 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    tpmage wrote: »
    mostly fruits and veggies so it's safe to assume your potassium is fine. Unless you have 4 kilos of pus in you, I'd have to go with water if you poop often. If it was me, I'd go doctoring now though since you say you have problems like bad circulation.
    I do go to a doctor about the bad circulation and he adviced i stayed away from regined grains and since im only 22, there isnt any point on packing me with meds. I do eat fairly healthy because my mom is vegan so she raised me that way so there isnt much to change in my diet. He also adviced i do lots of cardio to help my blood pump and thats about it :)
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I meant I would go since the unexplained weight gain happened.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree but carbs don't cause weight gain . carbs aren't the enemy here, a calorie surplus is.

Increased carbs (even without increase in gross calories) CAN cause a weight gain because they cause a higher level of water retention. Not all weight is fat.

• HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    mariaeli93 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Did I read that you've been in a deficit for two years straight? Please tell me you've had a diet/maintenance break.
    hmm..maybe when im on vacation i eat my calories entirely but for the most part ive been at a deficit because i've been steadily losing weight for almost 2 years, so yeah.

Is it 500 calories a day? Based on the numbers you've posted it sounds like it. Over 2 years that's enough to lose around 104 pounds. You mention a loss of around 30 ish in the last year+ when it should have been 50+. This means either your #s are off, you cheat more than you think, or you arent as good at counting as you think you are.

The fact you have inches increase and we are talking 8-10 pounds is a little concerning. Some of it could be water from working out or Tom but that's a lot. I think you need to maybe just wait it out another week or 2 but if there is no change then your logs are most likly off.
  • mariaeli93
    mariaeli93 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HutchA12 wrote: »
    mariaeli93 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Did I read that you've been in a deficit for two years straight? Please tell me you've had a diet/maintenance break.
    hmm..maybe when im on vacation i eat my calories entirely but for the most part ive been at a deficit because i've been steadily losing weight for almost 2 years, so yeah.

Is it 500 calories a day? Based on the numbers you've posted it sounds like it. Over 2 years that's enough to lose around 104 pounds. You mention a loss of around 30 ish in the last year+ when it should have been 50+. This means either your #s are off, you cheat more than you think, or you arent as good at counting as you think you are.

The fact you have inches increase and we are talking 8-10 pounds is a little concerning. Some of it could be water from working out or Tom but that's a lot. I think you need to maybe just wait it out another week or 2 but if there is no change then your logs are most likly off.

Ive hit a loootttt of plateus along the way because i have a birth control implant on my arm and actually had troubles with my gyno about it so thats why its taken this long. I plateud a lot but never regained so this is why im worried
    But youre right! Maybe i need to stop being over confident about my calorie counting!
    The extra weight is 6-8 pounds depending on the day, and its not cute. I feel swollen and my skin feels.. Looser? But i am also all kinds of sore from my workouts :blush: