Tough time making my calorie goal per day...

Options
My stomach has shrunk and my brain is shutting it off when I'm full. I actually had to put leftovers of my 2 fave things in the fridge: steak and potatoes! OMG!
My trainer has me eating 1200-1400 calories a day, but I'm having a really hard time making my 1200 calories cos I'm staying full after eating just a little bit.

I thought I was going to be close today cos I thought I'd eat all of my dinner. I ate about 1/3 of it, and put the rest in the fridge.

Any suggestions? I've been eating lots of vegetables, protein and meat, laying off the carbs/sweets...

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I would say to toss in high-calorie healthy snacks, like almonds. One of my absolute favorite snacks is toast with nutella or peanut butter.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i agree, a few high calorie (healthy) snacks should help. 2 tbs of peanut butter can go a long way :-D
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I would say to toss in high-calorie healthy snacks, like almonds. One of my absolute favorite snacks is toast with nutella or peanut butter.

Yup! I second this. If you do yogurt switch to low fat (Fage 2% is AMAZING) instead of nonfat, eat more nuts, throw an avocado in during the day... More calorie dense food if you're struggling to reach your goals. :) gotta feed that machine to get it to do what you want. :)
  • AngelaAbbott391
    Options
    Honestly, I think you should just listen to your body. If you're full, you're full. Not everybody needs the 1200 calorie "minimum". I wouldn't be worried about it :)

If you're honestly concerned about going into "starvation mode", than read this article: http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/03/mtyhbusters-starvation-mode.html

Good luck! :D
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    wish I had that problem:grumble: . I am having a tough time staying below 2000 calories a day:sad: :sick:
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I am the same way lately I am finding it very hard to reach 1200 calories and by the time I realize it, it's too late to eat anymore cause I don't want to eat too late either.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am the same way lately I am finding it very hard to reach 1200 calories and by the time I realize it, it's too late to eat anymore cause I don't want to eat too late either.

The body doesn't burn less at night, or any other particular time of the day, research is now showing. I actually find that eating a snack before bed, like my Nutella and toast helps curb my morning hunger so I am able to not gorge myself because my stomach thinks it's STARVINNGGGGGGGGGG
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    Funny you should ask because I just found this link as a sticky in another area. It is long, but it will certainly give you the information you need! Check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My stomach has shrunk and my brain is shutting it off when I'm full. I actually had to put leftovers of my 2 fave things in the fridge: steak and potatoes! OMG!
    My trainer has me eating 1200-1400 calories a day, but I'm having a really hard time making my 1200 calories cos I'm staying full after eating just a little bit.

I thought I was going to be close today cos I thought I'd eat all of my dinner. I ate about 1/3 of it, and put the rest in the fridge.

Any suggestions? I've been eating lots of vegetables, protein and meat, laying off the carbs/sweets...

It's hard but you seem to be doing a great job. I posted this in another thread, you can always try and make that extra 200 to 300 calories you want by measuring out the difference in calories with Olive Oil or Flax Seed oil and just shooting it back like tequila or something. LOL! It's a little gross at first but an easy way to add in quality calories from fat and make your calorie target.
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    I did a 2 day veggie juice fast and this cut down my cravings alot! I really don't crave anything anymore and I have more control over what I eat and when. I also don't crave sugar anymore. I can do 1200 calories or I can workout and earn more -the choice is mine and I don't struggle with it either way. Also, be sure you are taking a quality vitamin -I found one at Whole Foods called ALIVE! This will give you energy like you never thought you could have! Hope this helps :-)
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    wish I had that problem:grumble: . I am having a tough time staying below 2000 calories a day:sad: :sick:

I did a 2 day veggie juice fast and this cut down my cravings alot! I really don't crave anything anymore and I have more control over what I eat and when. I also don't crave sugar anymore. I can do 1200 calories or I can workout and earn more -the choice is mine and I don't struggle with it either way. Also, be sure you are taking a quality vitamin -I found one at Whole Foods called ALIVE! This will give you energy like you never thought you could have! Hope this helps :-)

P.S. If you get the ALIVE! brand of vitamins, be sure to read the label because 1 serving is equal to 3 tablets. If you get too much energy from this, you can adjust it.
  • rockstar714
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm feeling satisfied, I'm heating healthier (no more processed foods for me!), taking vitamins, I still have energy to workout/clean and do everything else, so I think I'm doing ok, just was worried -- and so used to being a fat kid!!