Breakfast

Options
I'm having a hard time with eating breakfast. If I eat breakfast, I am hungry all day. If I don't and eat a good lunch instead I'm okay. Do you think this could be causing me to lose less weight?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No. Lots of people don't eat breakfast. There is no reason to eat breakfast if you don't want to, especially if it makes adherence an issue.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Giving up on breakfasts was a positive thing for me. I still eat many traditional breakfast foods, but usually as an afternoon or evening snack.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If eating breakfast causes you to overeat, then stop eating it. It's a myth that you must eat it to lose weight anyway. Just stick to a plan that's sustainable for you.
  • mamakimkim
    mamakimkim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know what the research says (eat breakfast! jumpstart your metabolism!) but I also find that the earlier in the day I start to eat, the more I eat over the course of the day. And I am not naturally hungry in the morning. Out of the two times I have lost 30+ lbs I have never eaten sooner than 2 hours after waking, and in the case of the second time, I never ate sooner than 3-4 hours after waking.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    About once a week, I wake up starving; I eat breakfast on those days. On every other day, I don't eat until 11am except for 8 oz of coffee. I also eat really close to bedtime - meaning I'm committing two cardinal sins against popular belief. I've lost a decent amount of weight doing this.

As other's said, the timing doesn't matter as much as the amount. If you don't have any underlying medical issues that require you to maintain a certain BG level or affect your stomach acid, there's no reason for your to eat when you're not hungry. And if it helps you maintain a deficit, more power to you.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. I am often not hungry until 10am so I make sure to bring a snack to get me to lunch. It keeps me from grabbing a doughnut from the break room.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If you don't like eating breakfast simply don't eat it.
    Losing weight is being in calorie deficit, it doesn't matter when you eat those calories.