Off the Meds!

Options
Today was the first time I've seen my doctor since I started this journey almost a year ago (i moved away and now I'm back). She was so impressed and happy for me. It was amazing to come out of a doctor's appointment with a smile on my face rather than depressed and frustrated. But the best thing...

SHE SAID I CAN TRY GOING OFF THE MEDICINES FOR 3 MONTHS!!!!!!

I've been on metformin and birth control for PCOS since early high school. I am soooooooooo excited and happy and ecstatic and... I just can't stop smiling.

This is huge to me

Replies

• msheepy00
    msheepy00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is so awesome!
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That is huge! That's my goal too. I'm on metformin, atorvastatin (Lipitor), and lisinopril (blood pressure). I started with the new year to get rid of fat and improve health. Hopefully by the end of next month I'll be closer to my goal of getting off the meds.

Congratulations on your great work! Give yourself a pat on the back!
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is huge news! Good luck!!!
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    wanzik wrote: »
    That is huge! That's my goal too. I'm on metformin, atorvastatin (Lipitor), and lisinopril (blood pressure). I started with the new year to get rid of fat and improve health. Hopefully by the end of next month I'll be closer to my goal of getting off the meds.

You'll get there if you stick to it!
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    wanzik wrote: »

You'll get there if you stick to it!

I plan on it! :smile: Thanks for the inspiration.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow that is such an awesome outcome for you to be able to come off your medications. Well done, you have no doubt worked very hard and it shows.

I wish you all the best with your health and hope that you are able to either reduce of fully stop any meds. that you are able. <3
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent news!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Well done, lady! That must be an amazing feeling :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!