Why do girls bare round bellies in public?

Options
ArmandsBerzs
ArmandsBerzs Posts: 13 Member
It's very common sight to see a young woman in crop top & low rise jeans/shorts revealing... round belly!
I don't mean just a hint of teeny-weeny pooch. Neither I mean really fat girls, nor pregnant. I mean slender or in between girls but with really prominent bellies. Like the girl in youtube video "Badminton belly".
I always wonder do these girls are actually proud of their bellies or just don't care? Sometimes they keeps pulling her shirt down or try to cover her belly with hands like she's worried about her belly showing. But she's already choosing to to wear a shirt that exposes her belly! It's contradiction I can't understand. What's your expierience with chubby belly girls baring their tummies? Do you know such girls? Maybe you or your friend is one of them? What's they saying about that?

Replies

• erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't know them but I see them all the time at University. Tbh big or small I don't get it. It's freezing cold over here, and I just find it rather off putting to be seeing someones stomach all the time.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maybe they like the crop top style and want to wear it...
    Or hell, maybe it's hot outside?? Whose business is it anyway?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You should probably just walk up to them and tell them you don't approve.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    who cares.. let people be.. I'm sure people think things of you also .. I know they think things of me haha..

If they are happy, awesome..
    If you are happy, awesome..

Just be awesome and let others be awesome in their own awesome way ..

B)

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I know that I have had shirts that fit nicely most of the time but sometimes I get extremely bloated. So much so that I have been asked if I'm pregnant. So perhaps some of these girls put them on optimistically in the morning and just ate/drank something wrong?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what young girls wear? Eyes on your own paper....
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Probably they are just living life the way they want, most people don't and find the need to point out those who do as if there is something to talk about.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, and I can tell you that with middle and high school age girls, it's usually about the desire to wear what's the latest fad. I see girls of all sizes frequently wearing clothes that are not flattering on their particular body, because at that age, the absolute most important thing for many (not all) girls is to wear what's on trend and to fit in with their peers. It's just part of their psychological development.

Fortunately, most of us eventually outgrow this, and through trial and error, we find what is most flattering for our particular body types. Experimenting, taking risks, and figuring out who we are is all an important part of growing up.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's very common sight to see a young woman in crop top & low rise jeans/shorts revealing... round belly!
    I don't mean just a hint of teeny-weeny pooch. Neither I mean really fat girls, nor pregnant. I mean slender or in between girls but with really prominent bellies. Like the girl in youtube video "Badminton belly".
    I always wonder do these girls are actually proud of their bellies or just don't care? Sometimes they keeps pulling her shirt down or try to cover her belly with hands like she's worried about her belly showing. But she's already choosing to to wear a shirt that exposes her belly! It's contradiction I can't understand. What's your expierience with chubby belly girls baring their tummies? Do you know such girls? Maybe you or your friend is one of them? What's they saying about that?
    auddii wrote: »
    You should probably just walk up to them and tell them you don't approve.

Yes! Totally give this a try & see how it works
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Who cares is she feels like wearing what she did. She doesn't look big to me, at all! And ... look at something else if you don't care for her cute tummy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Trololololol
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

lmao
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why do guys with boobs bigger than mine walk around shirtless?
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm sure everyone is dying to start not caring about what some girl is wearing
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »

I can't look the menu over!?!?

Not if you're going to criticize the food.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    who cares.. let people be.. I'm sure people think things of you also .. I know they think things of me haha..

If they are happy, awesome..
    If you are happy, awesome..

Just be awesome and let others be awesome in their own awesome way ..

B)

+1. Why do we need to be policing women's bodies/what they wear?
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a "male" thing..you don't approve of women who do not look appealing to YOU… the classic "fertile" small waist big chest and butt may no longer rule our culture.

Plus more modern body acceptance or not giving a damn what others think may free these young women from caring what YOU or others-male or female- think..or it could be any of the reasons given here.

Personally males who ape the 'submissive' prison fashion, with baggy cargo pants falling off their butt, showing skinny white calves and ankles is ugly as hell..it makes them look less than adult, less than intelligent..but no one cares what I think.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I know this may come as a shock, but other people aren't there just to decorate your universe. If they want to wear crop tops and feel comfortable doing so, more power to them. It really doesn't matter whether you think they should or not.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    There is only so much class in the universe. It is not evenly distributed.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

We need pictures of yourself wearing this before we can appraise the situation properly.