2»

Replies

• Vortex88
    Vortex88 Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Vortex88 wrote: »
    I've been working out for almost 20 years (I'm late thirties) but here is my suggestion: if the Fat Gripz are hitting only your grip then your hands and forearms are much weaker than your upper arms and upper body. If that's the case you will really struggle to get bigger and stronger until that weakness is fixed (the body only develops long term in a balanced way). When I first started using fatgripz three years ago I had to reduce the weight a lot but I stuck with it and within 3-6 months my overall size and strength had made the biggest gains of my training career. This is why I recommend them so highly. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Can you explain how something that artificially increases the diameter of the bar affected your bicep size? Genuinely curious.

Absolutely no idea to be honest - but I hear it often from other lifters
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I've been working out for almost 20 years (I'm late thirties) but here is my suggestion: if the Fat Gripz are hitting only your grip then your hands and forearms are much weaker than your upper arms and upper body. If that's the case you will really struggle to get bigger and stronger until that weakness is fixed (the body only develops long term in a balanced way). When I first started using fatgripz three years ago I had to reduce the weight a lot but I stuck with it and within 3-6 months my overall size and strength had made the biggest gains of my training career. This is why I recommend them so highly. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

I don't have any problems with grip strength.
    I just want to grow popeye sized forearms.

Then just go eat some spinach.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

True story.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Can you explain how something that artificially increases the diameter of the bar affected your bicep size? Genuinely curious.

The theory I read somewhere was that there are sympathetic responses in that if a group of muscles is worked with enough intensity, other muscle groups nearby will also work harder.
    I'm not sure how much of that is broscience. It's just something I saw while looking for product reviews.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Eh...he eats his spinach out of a can though. I hate canned spinach.