Desperately in need of a community. Be mine?

Options
In this for the long haul (I have 75 to 100 pounds to lose) and I really need some pals in my corner along the way. Everyone in my life is pretty fit and it's not an easy conversation for a lot of people so I would love to add a few friends here who are keen to motivate and be motivated.

I log daily and I've hit the gym every day for the past ten days, which is huge for me, and a big sign of commitment on my part. I won't be flaking out this time around.

Anyone with similar goals just starting out, or anyone with experience on how to do this thang, I'm not picky! Let's do this together!

Replies

• kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've got 90 to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • Lo__
    Lo__ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've got 90 to lose. Feel free to add me!

Adding you! Thanks :) Let's do this!!
  • saammblack
    saammblack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive been on and off trying to lose about 50lbs for a long time. I struggle because my studies are so demanding and I feel if I stop for time to myself I might fall behind. Now my best friend is getting married in July and I am her maid of honour. Using that as my motivation, I need a few friends behind me to keep me going. Lets be fitness pals? :)
  • Lo__
    Lo__ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    saammblack wrote: »
    Ive been on and off trying to lose about 50lbs for a long time. I struggle because my studies are so demanding and I feel if I stop for time to myself I might fall behind. Now my best friend is getting married in July and I am her maid of honour. Using that as my motivation, I need a few friends behind me to keep me going. Lets be fitness pals? :)

Yes! Let's do it. 4+ months is a good amount of time. My 30th (eek) birthday is in July so I want to make significant progress by then too! Adding you :)
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 66 lbs so far, have about 28 lbs to go.
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've lost 61 so far and have about another 30 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm done 20 with 80-100 more to go. In it for the long haul and love "in the same boat" company along the way!
  • ShannonChampagne116
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I've been working on my weight on and off for awhile. I'm much more motivated to stick to it this time. Still have about 80 to go.
  • RonFrances8
    RonFrances8 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 40 lbs. I love MFP and I'm addicted to this site. I love the support and the accountability. It's only one month but one month is long for me. I want this to be a life time change. I do not eat like a typical person but MFP has helped me to have better control. I'm reaching out to connect with more MFP friends. You can add me as your friend.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request I have lost 80 with 60 to go.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Be warned I'm intrusive and appreciate the same :p
  • ilovelucy1930
    ilovelucy1930 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I am!! Last year I hardly exercised and gained so much weight because of it.

Tomorrow I my b-day and to me that's the new year for me and want to continue exercising and eating right everyday. I'm tired of being lazy and making excuses.

Please feel free to add me.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Lo__ wrote: »
    In this for the long haul (I have 75 to 100 pounds to lose) and I really need some pals in my corner along the way. Everyone in my life is pretty fit and it's not an easy conversation for a lot of people so I would love to add a few friends here who are keen to motivate and be motivated.

I log daily and I've hit the gym every day for the past ten days, which is huge for me, and a big sign of commitment on my part. I won't be flaking out this time around.

Anyone with similar goals just starting out, or anyone with experience on how to do this thang, I'm not picky! Let's do this together!

Just a thought, but if you have a circle of fit friends, you might find that they can be an amazing support structure as they understand the sacrifices required to be where you want to be. You can also analyse their healthy behaviours to learn how to be the best you possible. It will also probably give you access to mentors in a variety of sports so you can play around and find the right activities for you.