My Success story

Options
A couple years ago I went through a major weight loss (125 lbs.) with the help of My fitness pal. Since then I have gained about 60 lbs and am currently working on losing it again, however I run into issues when trying to log my meals. I work 12 hours a day M-f and I don't get Internet at work either. Is there a way I can log my meals offline? It's kind of slowing down my weight loss, so I'm hoping to find a solution to this. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Replies

• SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good old book and pen! When you are not at work, take screen shots of the list of foods you commonly eat so you have the cals to reference. Or buy a cheap calorie counter book. Another idea is to make your meals for the day to bring with you and pre-log them. One poster said that was how they kept themselves on plan so sounds like a great idea! Don't get discouraged and don't give up - you did it before and you can do it again :)
  • adtwin33
    adtwin33 Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Its funny bc someone might tease u about your journal i would use a notepad on ur smartphone
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What helps me is that at the beginning of the day, I plan the entire day. Then I post it before I do anything else. All my planned calories are then accounted for before I take the first bite.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    ^^^same here. I find I'm less tempted to cheat and more likely to stay on track when I can say "nope there is no room today for that." I also find it to be calming not to have to worry about finding the time in the day to log. It's already done before my 1st cup of coffee!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!