Apple and organic peanut butter

VictorianoAOchoa
VictorianoAOchoa Posts: 20 Member
Excellent combination. 1 apple with a cup of organic peanut butter. The apple's acid helps make the peanut butter easier to digest. Peanut butter (organic) is loaded with vitamins / minerals. Easy to prepare (no preparation, really).

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    A cup of peanut butter????? Are you crazy????? That's a whole day's worth of calories, 1,500. A serving is two tablespoons, about 135 calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    lmao. I'm bulking and I can't fit a cup of peanut butter in my day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Excellent combination. 1 apple with a cup of organic peanut butter. The apple's acid helps make the peanut butter easier to digest. Peanut butter (organic) is loaded with vitamins / minerals. Easy to prepare (no preparation, really).

The what now?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    A cup of peanut butter????? Are you crazy????? That's a whole day's worth of calories, 1,500. A serving is two tablespoons, about 135 calories.

This, and regular PB is loaded with vitamins and minerals, too.
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Yeah, some people call me crazy for this combination. But then again, I'm also a STRICT vegetarian. There are few other reliable sources of vitamin E, not to mention Niacin and many other goodies. I eat this pretty consistently and have not gained any, if minimal fat.
  • kk_inprogress
    Yeah, some people call me crazy for this combination. But then again, I'm also a STRICT vegetarian. There are few other reliable sources of vitamin E, not to mention Niacin and many other goodies. I eat this pretty consistently and have not gained any, if minimal fat.

Is that all you eat in a day?? Cuz that's a LOT of calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member

Um apple and peanut butter is a pretty standard combination. Not something you just made up or something new.

We are talking about your portion size. A cup of peanut butter is a lot of calories. You must have an awesome TDEE
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    sensing a troll here...
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Is that all you eat in a day?? Cuz that's a LOT of calories. [/quote]

My diet generally breaks down to:

Apple / Peanut butter

Old fashioned rolled oats, Milk, flaxseed, raisins

Depending on the day, either Adzuki beans / Brown rice or Kale / Cheese / Olive oil

Of course, my diet may be off. But the numbers add up to get just about every vit / min. I'd like to incorporate more vegetables if possible but I haven't found too many highly nutritious non leafy green vegetables to easily incorporate as a separate meal (maybe potatoes / cabbage?)

And if you think I am trolling I can upload a video, lol
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    I prefer peanut butter and apple.
  • kk_inprogress
    queenliz99 wrote: »

The nutrition data for a cup of PB, even though no one was disputing that.
  • jgnatca
    edited February 2016
    Apple and peanut butter is a delightful combination, and an almost perfect ratio of macros. It is one of my diabetic father's favourite snacks. The proportion in your case, @VictorianoAOchoa is all wrong. A serving of peanut butter is two tablespoons.

@queenliz99, the OP is linking nutrition data on his delightful peanut butter. Nutritiondata now plays videos on their site. You can ignore that; simply scroll down to the data.
  • jgnatca
    @VictorianoAOchoa if you want to incorporate legumes that are less fatty (hence, lower calorie), there are beans and lentils of all kinds.

Nutritious non-leafy vegetables include all the root vegetables such as carrot, parsnip, kohlrabi, and turnip. Try also varying your dairy intake with Kefir and yogurts of all kinds. Greek Yogurt is higher in protein.

Here's something to try, as you seem to have fun combining foods:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/154833/creamy-roasted-parsnip-soup/

You can replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock, and for a lower calorie version, Greek Yogurt for the heavy cream.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    There are lots of other niacin sources, actually.

http://niacin.rich-vegan-foods.com/

I know you are vegetarian and not vegan, but the chart still applies.

As well as better sources of vitamin E

http://vitamin-e.rich-vegan-foods.com/

Nothing against peanut butter, as I tend to go through 2 jars a week... with a spoon... but there are other foods out there that are tasty and nutritious.
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Ok, I'll upload a video of me eating an entire cup of peanut butter. I'll do it over the weekend as I've already eaten a cup today and another cup would be overkill
  • kk_inprogress
    I don't think anyone wants to watch that. What's your TDEE?
  • jgnatca
    Oh, I'm sure anyone is capable of shoveling it in. That's not the point though, is it?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sure anyone is capable of shoveling it in. That's not the point though, is it?

I don't think I know what the point is????
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Uh, let's see.. the TDEE calculaltor says 2608. I do work out and need excess calories, however. Gained 9 lbs.~ muscle last year... Hence the huge amount of calories. Peanut butter isn't a daily thing by the way. Some days I substitute olive oil. My body would end up rejecting peanut butter if I ate it every day. About 4-5 days a week range.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think everyone believes that you can do it, and no one really wants to see it.

I, personally, live by the motto: "just because you can doesn't mean you should."

If you're SO focused on hitting micros that you think the best way to get there is by eating a cup of peanut butter every single day, perhaps you need to re-evaluate some things about your relationship with food.

Awareness of micros = good. Variety of healthful foods in your diet including (but not limited to) vegetables, fruits, protein (meat and/or dairy and/or vegetarian sources), fats, and probably some grains = better.

All that said...from mid-August to early November my morning snack is a honeycrisp and peanut butter. 14g of peanut butter. Delicious.
  • jgnatca
    I think @VictorianoAOchoa is making the point that this combination has a nice nutrition profile, and is a good option for a vegetarian. All true.

Except the proportion is all wrong.
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Well, the proportions aren't exactly wrong with the right diet. I will substitute something like beans and rice for the days where I don't eat peanut butter. As mentioned, this is not daily...

And peanut butter is just so delicious. A cup isn't really that much with an apple . 1.5-2 cups would be pretty insane.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Can I eat popcorn while I read this?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    @snickerscharlie no gif's however. ;)
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Can I eat popcorn while I read this?

Heck, I'm eating a mini pizza while I'm typing this. Feel free. At 3300 cals and counting
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

Nothing against peanut butter, as I tend to go through 2 jars a week... with a spoon...

Is there any other way?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »

Nothing against peanut butter, as I tend to go through 2 jars a week... with a spoon...

Is there any other way?

I try to find every way to eat peanut butter, honestly.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »

Is there any other way?

I try to find every way to eat peanut butter, honestly.

Have you ever eaten it on banana? If not, its really good . we also cut up the banana into thin slices and place it on sandwich bread and then spread peanut butter across. Its very tasty !