6 years ago today

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I lost my mom to cancer on November 4th, 2002. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. It has been said that time heals all wounds, but I'm still waiting. She was a driving force in my life and I hope to one day be half as kind and generous as she was. Please, when you all go home, hug your loved ones a little tighter because you never know what tomorrow will bring....and say a prayer that one day, no one will EVER have to suffer with cancer because there will be a cure.

Thanks for all your love and support.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I lost my mom to cancer on November 4th, 2002. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. It has been said that time heals all wounds, but I'm still waiting. She was a driving force in my life and I hope to one day be half as kind and generous as she was. Please, when you all go home, hug your loved ones a little tighter because you never know what tomorrow will bring....and say a prayer that one day, no one will EVER have to suffer with cancer because there will be a cure.

Thanks for all your love and support.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    RIP GTO's mom.

I lost my mom too. 20 years ago...easier, naw.

Sorry your sad today. Big hug:flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My Mom's been gone for 20 year's too from cancer.....big hugs

Life is too short :heart:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm so sorry. :frown: :flowerforyou: I can't imagine how I would cope without my mother. *hug*
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I will be thinking of you and your mother today.

I've often seen what happens when I loved one dies. Time does not heal all wounds, and often a gaping hole will remain years after the death of a loved one. Don't feel guilty for the fact that you are still hurting, but find solace in the fact that you are her legacy. The measure of a person is often how much they are missed when they are gone.

If I were near you, I would offer whatever comfort I could. Long distance hugs.

Rae
  • tookieb
    Options
    I understand as well; my dad passed away from Cancer on Fathers Day 2005, he didn't even get to see his first grand daughter turn 1year old. Her birthday is July 8th.

Take care, my thoughts are with you.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your mom. I lost my maternal grandma, my dad and my older brother all to cancer. I lost my mom too but not to cancer. Your mom may be gone but not your precious memories of her. Hug for you and may God bless you. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Grief is not something that ever goes away, IMO. My g.pa said it best. Grief is a wound that you carry forever. The scar will always be there. You don't get over losses, you learn to live with them. I hope today goes easily for you.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I lost my mom to cancer this past May 23rd. Every day I wonder if it will be easier, if there will ever be a time I can talk about her without crying. She was my very best friend. We did everything together. I lost my dad last year in August and then lost my mother 9 months later. I never realized until then that you really can physically have a heartache!!!! Hugs to all of you who have lost loved ones, I am just hoping this gets easier because right now it hurts like heck!!!

Memaw
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Almost 2 years since I lost my mom to liver disease (non-alcoholics). I still miss her tons and there are days when it feels like it just happened. I also have 2 daughters that miss her a lot too. My dad is doing pretty well, but he's pretty lonely most days, and I know he thinks about her everyday too.

:heart: :heart: :heart: To all our loved ones that have left us. May we always live our lives as a shining tribute to the way they raised us!

memaw - the first year is the hardest. hugz to you!
  • tweety4bonnie4
    tweety4bonnie4 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My mon passed away at the age of 52 from a blood clot secondary to cancer. Then 1 month and 1 day later my dad passed away, and they revived him and lived a very bad two years then passed away again. I miss my parents very much. I also lost my oldest sister in at the age of 52 due to a rare form of stomach cancer. I miss them all so very much.