Breakfast burrito ideas!!

Options
I am going to start having breakfast burritos and was looking for some ideas/recipes from members who eat them. Thanka

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    potato egg cheese salsa
    egg peppers black beans salsa avocado
    egg potato chicken break sausage (i dont eat pork)
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My kids love them, so I make them often. I usually eat mine in a bowl, without the tortilla, because I like the filling more and it's an easy way for me to save a few calories.

Dice, boil, then saute potatoes in a bit of oil
    Add ham, bacon or sausage
    1-2 eggs/person, I use egg whites sometimes
    Salt & pepper
    Top with cheddar or pepperjack
    I add a tomatillo salsa (made fresh by a local Mexican woman who sells a dozen flavors of homemade salsa--it's divine)

I might add onions and peppers if I want more veggies.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    just and FYI, whatever combos you come up ~ they freeze really well! I do this at times and freeze them on a cookie sheet, when they are frozen I wrap each on individually in plastic wrap, and then in a big freezer bag. When ready to eat, pop one in the microwave for a few minutes ~ yummy on the go breakfast!

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I usually do an omelette type mix and just wrap it. IE eggs, spinach, tomato, jalapeno (I like the heat), cheese, maybe a meat IE sausage, salt+pepper to taste, and salsa. We have a local restaurant that does Egg, Bean and Bacon burritos and my husband thinks they're a gift from God, but personally I don't like the texture of beans and eggs together.
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine are super basic. I just cook some frozen diced potatoes from Kroger. I throw in a few cut up slices of Oscar Mayer turkey bacon and then add in eggs. Season with onion powder and garlic salt.

I put the filing in a tortilla and add 1 tbsp of alfredo sauce and some salsa and roll them up! So delicious and filing. Sometimes I make a bunch and freeze them, but I eat them so often that I usually just put the leftover filing in the fridge and assemble the burrito before eating it!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    eggs•cheese•tater tots•turkey chorizo•you're welcome!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    just and FYI, whatever combos you come up ~ they freeze really well! I do this at times and freeze them on a cookie sheet, when they are frozen I wrap each on individually in plastic wrap, and then in a big freezer bag. When ready to eat, pop one in the microwave for a few minutes ~ yummy on the go breakfast!

Yep. Why make one when you can make eight!