Apple and organic peanut butter

Options

Replies

• VictorianoAOchoa
    VictorianoAOchoa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Uh, let's see.. the TDEE calculaltor says 2608. I do work out and need excess calories, however. Gained 9 lbs.~ muscle last year... Hence the huge amount of calories. Peanut butter isn't a daily thing by the way. Some days I substitute olive oil. My body would end up rejecting peanut butter if I ate it every day. About 4-5 days a week range.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think everyone believes that you can do it, and no one really wants to see it.

I, personally, live by the motto: "just because you can doesn't mean you should."

If you're SO focused on hitting micros that you think the best way to get there is by eating a cup of peanut butter every single day, perhaps you need to re-evaluate some things about your relationship with food.

Awareness of micros = good. Variety of healthful foods in your diet including (but not limited to) vegetables, fruits, protein (meat and/or dairy and/or vegetarian sources), fats, and probably some grains = better.

All that said...from mid-August to early November my morning snack is a honeycrisp and peanut butter. 14g of peanut butter. Delicious.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I think @VictorianoAOchoa is making the point that this combination has a nice nutrition profile, and is a good option for a vegetarian. All true.

Except the proportion is all wrong.
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Options
    Well, the proportions aren't exactly wrong with the right diet. I will substitute something like beans and rice for the days where I don't eat peanut butter. As mentioned, this is not daily...

And peanut butter is just so delicious. A cup isn't really that much with an apple . 1.5-2 cups would be pretty insane.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Can I eat popcorn while I read this?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    @snickerscharlie no gif's however. ;)
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Options
    Can I eat popcorn while I read this?

Heck, I'm eating a mini pizza while I'm typing this. Feel free. At 3300 cals and counting
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Nothing against peanut butter, as I tend to go through 2 jars a week... with a spoon...

Is there any other way?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Nothing against peanut butter, as I tend to go through 2 jars a week... with a spoon...

Is there any other way?

I try to find every way to eat peanut butter, honestly.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Is there any other way?

Have you ever eaten it on banana? If not, its really good . we also cut up the banana into thin slices and place it on sandwich bread and then spread peanut butter across. Its very tasty !
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Is there any other way?

Have you ever eaten it on banana? If not, its really good . we also cut up the banana into thin slices and place it on sandwich bread and then spread peanut butter across. Its very tasty !

:smile:
    Have you tried it with chocolate? I like it spread on a milk chocolate bar. Somebody ought to prepackage chocolate and peanut butter in a candy bar....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Is there any other way?

Have you tried it with chocolate? I like it spread on a milk chocolate bar. Somebody ought to prepackage chocolate and peanut butter in a candy bar....

Have you had it on noodles? Mixed with honey, soy sauce, and sriracha it's fantastic!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is even better...
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is even better...

Cashew butter..,

Spread on a tortilla...

Wrapped around a banana.

/thread
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Is there any other way?

Have you had it on noodles? Mixed with honey, soy sauce, and sriracha it's fantastic!

For real?! I can't quite make this work in my head, but I'm really curious...
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Is there any other way?

I make a salad with napa cabbage and a dressing of peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, a little rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar melted together and dressed slightly warm...best with a crunchy topping of dry ramen, sliced almonds and sesame seeds all toasted together in a bit of butter. I don't usually put sriracha in it but I bet that would be good, too! And I can see how it would be super tasty with noodles instead of cabbage.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Is there any other way?

Cold noodles?
  • VictorianoAOchoa
    Options

Is there any other way?

Iron chef bro. You need to be on that show
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Is there any other way?

BarbieAS wrote: »

Is there any other way?

I make a salad with napa cabbage and a dressing of peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, a little rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar melted together and dressed slightly warm...best with a crunchy topping of dry ramen, sliced almonds and sesame seeds all toasted together in a bit of butter. I don't usually put sriracha in it but I bet that would be good, too! And I can see how it would be super tasty with noodles instead of cabbage.

You should both hit up my inbox with recipes.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on potato chips rules. Thick, wavy chips work best since they don't break as easily while spreading the PB on them. Also PB and Fritos Scoops.