Hi!!! Any oldies out there???

Options
deaddolly
deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a 59 yr old woman who's struggled with weight her entire life. Asthma, knee problems and pre diabetes has prompted me to take some weight off. I'm doing it with my 26 yr old daughter. She's lost 25 and I've lost 26 pounds in 40 days. Love this app.
Hang in there everyone -- we can do this

Replies

• Dundeegal1
    Dundeegal1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    49 and still trying. I go up and down too often. Trying to stick to it and see how this program works.
  • Dundeegal1
    Dundeegal1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job to both you ladies on your impressive losses!
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm an oldie (but a newbie to MFP). Hoping to lose the addl weight I've gained. Heard good things about this site so here I am.
  • nigelhenry37
    nigelhenry37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    61 On here for a month so far lost 8 lbs ... on 1200 to 1400 cal per day so down to 240.5 need to be down to 200 by the summer Gave up drinking wine, scotch and other things :( but its needed. I got down to 230lbs 2 years ago but that time I was still enjoying wine.... so more determined. Exercise Extra is a 1 hour + dog walk as well
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Sharon also a newbie on here found this site last week love it , so i'm at the end of week 1 again much the same as deaddolly , I'm 49 asthma morbidly obese , i'm in australia so we use kilo's, my first goal is 30 kgs that should help the knees a bit :smiley: I gave up softdrink & redbull , it's only been a week but so far so good .
    I have to find another exercise to do this time round as my knee and ankle wont let me do the walking i need , so i'm looking for another kind of exercise I can do . Would love some tips and to know what you are all doing . I'm by myself so i'm hoping to get some friends on here to chat to .
  • snowglobes198
    snowglobes198 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi there I'm Fran I'm 48yr old and I'm very over weight, I hope to loss about 160lb, I just started going back to my gym and I got a Garmin device that count's your steps and a lot more it has helped it get me off my butt and start walking when I'm not working, I have lost 1lb in a week and I hope to keep losing a lb a week I gave up the soft drinks too that is a lot of my problem I was drinking at least 7cans of pop (mountain dew) a DAY @170cal a can so staying off the soda pop will help us. I do arm curls with 5lb Weights when I'm just setting and watching TV that helps too.
  • sharondjs
    Options
    Hi there I'm Fran I'm 48yr old and I'm very over weight, I hope to loss about 160lb, I just started going back to my gym and I got a Garmin device that count's your steps and a lot more it has helped it get me off my butt and start walking when I'm not working, I have lost 1lb in a week and I hope to keep losing a lb a week I gave up the soft drinks too that is a lot of my problem I was drinking at least 7cans of pop (mountain dew) a DAY @170cal a can so staying off the soda pop will help us. I do arm curls with 5lb Weights when I'm just setting and watching TV that helps too.

Hi Fran , good for you softdrink was one of my biggies also , the arm curls are a great idea - thanks :)
  • Bettina1948
    Bettina1948 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bettina (most know me as Tina), I am 68 and just now getting on this site. I have a liver condition and would like to try to control by diet instead of taking meds. I need to lose at least 40 lbs. Any suggestions on getting started? Meal plans, calorie counting? Just not sure. Thank you.
  • getty123
    getty123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends! I want to lose 60 pounds or more. Iam 40 Thanks
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a youngster, only 56. You can add me and you can do this. Sounds like you are off to a good start.
  • nanabevan
    nanabevan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 58. I have about 50 or more pounds to lose. Can use more friends. You can add me also.
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats on ur weight loss so far. You got this!
    I'll be turning 40 in less than a month and have more than 70 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as friend too.
  • sharondjs
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bettina (most know me as Tina), I am 68 and just now getting on this site. I have a liver condition and would like to try to control by diet instead of taking meds. I need to lose at least 40 lbs. Any suggestions on getting started? Meal plans, calorie counting? Just not sure. Thank you.

hi Tina , this is my first week on here also , At this stage i'm using this my fitness tool to let me know when i'm staying under what i should eat the database they have is huge which makes it easy . It's been years since i really lost weight seriously so this time round i am setting weekly goals , making sure i am drinking at least 4 x 750 ml bottles of water a day - easy to track that way and have reintroduced fruit into my days instead of biscuits and other junk. I have a lot to lose so i'm doing the fruit at each meal add me as a friend we can muddle along together
  • Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I prefer seasoned but I guess oldie works too. :)
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lol...at least I didn't say "crusty". :D
  • damaddox7
    damaddox7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here with alot of weight to lose. 50lbs smaller than I was. Great job on the weight loss. Add me as a friend please. Good Luck!
  • reed4027
    reed4027 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am also new. Will be turning 50 soon, and need motivation to lose 50 lbs. Just got fitbit and signed up on here today.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and feel better than I did at 25, age is just a number!
  • sharondjs
    Options
    HI Everyone how is everyone tracking it's really hot & humid where I am north qld aust this week hitting around 37 - 40 with up to 90 % plus humidity so water has been a biggie for me i surprised myself yesterday 3.6 liters without trying . Anyone got any good hot weather recipes, tried and tested ??
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    64 here. Starting weight was 264. Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, etc., went on Nutrisystem and got off of the diabetic meds, exercising. Down to 188. If I can do it, you can do it!