Low carb diet

Options
Hi, I have been on this really low carb diet 25 grams a day and it isn't working well. Has anyone else done this and did you have good results?

Replies

• m27un
    m27un Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That's way too low. Try and keep it 50-100g / day! Low fat. High protein. Total calories 1500-1700. That's the key :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    m27un wrote: »
    That's way too low. Try and keep it 50-100g / day! Low fat. High protein. Total calories 1500-1700. That's the key :)
    no.

Without knowing her stats you can't possibly know what her calories and carbs should be.

Low fat? Why?

High protein? Why?

no.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    dkassing wrote: »
    Hi, I have been on this really low carb diet 25 grams a day and it isn't working well. Has anyone else done this and did you have good results?

If low carb is the way you want to approach it, perhaps ask this in a low carb group.
    Are you sure you're creating a deficit (i.e. not eating too much)?

How long have you been on a low carb diet?
    Have you read up on low carb dieting?
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for 3 weeks. I get 30g max of carbs a day and get the majority from veggies. No processed foods , breads, pastas, crackers, potatoes.... I make sure to get 10,000 steps everyday. I go higher fat and high protein. Feel great! I lost 13.2 lbs during my 1st 3 week phase. Would love other low carb friends.