Salad Dressings

Options
deuter_814
deuter_814 Posts: 4 Member
I need help....I'm wondering if anyone knows any tasty healthy salad dressing recipes or do they have a brand that tastes good. I'm having a hard time finding a tasty healthy kind. Thanks!!

Replies

• PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love a table spoon or 2 of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and some pepper or other seasonings to taste.
  • amygindle
    amygindle Posts: 10
    Options
    wish bone has ones made with extra virgin olive oil and they are great! i like the greek one and the italian one.
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What kind of dressing are you looking for? I've always like the Newman's own light ones, Specifically the balsamic vinegarette, the honey mustard and the sesame-ginger. Also Salsa can be a great salad dressing mixed with a tablepsoon of non-fat greek yougurt on a taco salad!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I make my own its quite zingy but I like that you could always add a small amount of sugar if its to strong??

1tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 41 Calories
    1tsp Wholegrain Mustard - 7 Calories
    1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar - 11 Calories
    Total = 59

This does for one salad which is really good as you can see its the Olive Oil in most dressings thats the calories, sometimes I use Lemon Juice or Dijon Mustard instead.
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    I tend to go for my own mix as bottle varieties are full of fat and all kinds of additives.

I use a squeeze of lime with black pepper (which sounds simple and boring but is really nice) or I tend to add a splash of olive oil with seasoning. Both are simple but tasty!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own vinaigrettes...but when the craving for a creamy dressing over takes me, I just use a small bit of lite mayo. Another simple favorite is just to add lime juice and cracked pepper...this works really well on spinach.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    i make my honey mustard dressing. i combine yellow mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. the amounts vary depending on how much you are making and if you prefer a tangy or a sweet taste. to be honest i've never measured anything when i make it. i just taste a bit using a peice of my salad until i get it right for whatever mood i'm in.
  • lovenhope00
    Options
    When I buy salsa in a jar - I seperate out the juice and the chunky - then use the juice mixed with a little rice vinegar for sald dressing and use the chunky part for all my other dishes. :)
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms has some yummy Yogurt dressings and Vinagrettes. They are by the refridgerated dressings. The Honey Mustard is one of my favorites and I believe just 35cal for a 2 T. serving.
  • wyndesnow
    wyndesnow Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is a Paremsan Peppercorn Dressing that is in an Atkins book I have that is really good. I'm not following Atkins but really like their dressings. You could check their website and see if they have it listed there!

Good luck!
    Wendy
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love creamy dressings and my current favorites are both by Ken's - Fat Free Honey Dijon (15 cal per Tbsp) and Lite Creamy Caesar (35 cal per Tbsp). Yum!!
  • deuter_814
    deuter_814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    these all sound really good and I'll have to try. As far as a kind of dressing - I like Vinaigrettes. But I'm a sucker for creamy dressings.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I have a new favorite - although, I'm not sure how difficult to find it may or may not be. Hendrickson's Sweet Vinegar & Olive Oil dressing. I like it on a spinach salad. I even heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds before drizzling on my salad. SOO yummy. Just had some for lunch today. 35 cals per Tablespoon. A little high on the sodium, but still so good!

www.hendricksons.com
  • rmlandrum
    rmlandrum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At home I make my own vinagraittes with balsamic or red wine vinager, olive oil, and a little dijon mustard.

At work I keep a bottle of Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Vidalia onion dressing. Only 20 calories in 2 tbsps. I put that on a salad I bring from home, or on a salad from a restaurant instead of the high cal dressing that comes with it.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I absolutely love Kraft Fat Free Italian dressing. 15 cals Tbl.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I whipped this little number up last night and it was gooooood! I try to make a lot of my own dressings to cut out the crud but still get fun flavors ... now I am starting to pay attention to my measurements so I can replicate and share :)

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/06/fresh-strawberry-vinaigrette.html

Also a great salad idea for using the dressing, if you struggle with "I try to make restaurant salads but mine end up too cluttered" syndrome
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump