1200 calories not good

Options
Morning guys need some help finding it hard on 1200 calories a day am tired all time I have lost 8 pound so far but want to increase to 1300 a day how do I do this so I don't put weight on please help

Replies

• jesslaughtonsmith
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition there's no reason you should gain weight on 1,300.
  • sammday5
    sammday5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you Hun do I just increase it straight away then or gradual I don't have a medical condition but I feel drained all the time
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    What are your settings? If you are currently set to lose 1lb or 2lbs a week, drop it down to maybe 0.5lbs a week. 1200 calories a day is very low for 95% of the population.
  • sammday5
    Options
    It's set at 2lb a week I will change me settings thank you
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set it to lose 1lb, you should get more than 1300 cals
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change to 1 pound a week. You will feel better and be more successful.
  • jencdoran
    jencdoran Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am soo struggling to lose and am on about 1070 calls per day. I am worried if I increase I will put on but am also worries that this might not be enough and why I am not shifting by more weight. I m not thin I have big legs and am feeling really frustrated now not sure what to do!! Anyone find this super confusing? Ps my macros are about 50% protein 25% carb and 25% fat( good ones) ...
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I agree with changing it to 1 lb per week, this needn't be a miserable experience.

jencdoran wrote: »
    I am soo struggling to lose and am on about 1070 calls per day. I am worried if I increase I will put on but am also worries that this might not be enough and why I am not shifting by more weight. I m not thin I have big legs and am feeling really frustrated now not sure what to do!! Anyone find this super confusing? Ps my macros are about 50% protein 25% carb and 25% fat( good ones) ...
    @jencdoran, How much weight are you losing per week? How long has it been? Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? How's your logging, are you making sure to log everything?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Ditto all the advice to set less aggressive goals and be allowed a more generous plan. One thing to also be aware of is that a salty snack can fit within your 1200 or 1300 calorie plan, but push your sodium above 2000 mg and push your water retention above 2 lb.
  • sammday5
    Options
    Thank you all very much appreciated jerome what do you recommend to push my sodium up please dancingdarl just feel so weak and tired all time don't miss eating and I do feel full have put more vegetables and fruit in my diet thank you guys
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    sammday5 wrote: »
    Thank you all very much appreciated jerome what do you recommend to push my sodium up please dancingdarl just feel so weak and tired all time don't miss eating and I do feel full have put more vegetables and fruit in my diet thank you guys

If you're feeling full but are just feeling low energy it is probably a calorie issue, not a volume issue. You can eat 3kgs of broccoli, be absolutely stuffed yet still be low on calories. You can eat 250g of chocolate, still be hungry and be high on calories. If you're not feeling hungry but are feeling weak and tired you need more calories.

If you open your diary we can have a look and see where you could add in more calories :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    jencdoran wrote: »

Your calorie goal is way low and your macros are off - aim for at least 1200 calories and the MFP macro default is good enough for beginners. The only fat you need to avoid, is trans fat.
  • sammday5
    Options
    Hi Kate how do I open my diary Hun
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sammday5 wrote: »

You don't need to increase sodium. Doing that increases water retention.