62 calorie Mashed Potatoes!

Options
eating4balance
eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
These are one of the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had! And they don't even contain potatoes...

Ingredients:
- 1/2 head cauliflower (1 pound)
- 1 laughing cow cheese, garlic and herb flavored
- 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp skim milk

Directions:
1. Cut the cauliflower into small floret-sized pieces and steam (microwave or stove).
2. When cooked, put the steamed cauliflower and remaining ingredients in a food processor.
3. Blend until it has a mashed potato consistency (add more skim milk or sour cream if necessary).
4. Be patient because it will take awhile! Scrape the sides and stir frequently.

*I like mine served with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Makes 3 servings

Nutrition Facts:
62 calories
10g carbs
4g fiber
1g fat
5g protein
133mg sodium

Replies

• ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    Wow that sounds yummy.. I wish there was a way to just save these recipes to our page.. hmm

These are one of the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had! And they don't even contain potatoes...

Ingredients:
    - 1/2 head cauliflower (1 pound)
    - 1 laughing cow cheese, garlic and herb flavored
    - 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
    - 2 Tbsp skim milk

Directions:
    1. Cut the cauliflower into small floret-sized pieces and steam (microwave or stove).
    2. When cooked, put the steamed cauliflower and remaining ingredients in a food processor.
    3. Blend until it has a mashed potato consistency (add more skim milk or sour cream if necessary).
    4. Be patient because it will take awhile! Scrape the sides and stir frequently.

*I like mine served with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Makes 3 servings

Nutrition Facts:
    62 calories
    10g carbs
    4g fiber
    1g fat
    5g protein
    133mg sodium
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this one!!!
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    My mom makes a similar version of this for every major holiday dinner. It sounds like it'd be unappetizing but It's so delicious, I promise!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try cauliflower mashed fauxtatoes!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try this recipe. Thanks:tongue:
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bumity Bump Bump!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • webwizards
    Options
    Are you sure 62 calories is correct? I had 3 boiled eggs and it wa 210 calories. Just doesn't seem enough? As much as I would like it to be 62 calories
  • eating4balance
    Options
    Are you sure 62 calories is correct? I had 3 boiled eggs and it wa 210 calories. Just doesn't seem enough? As much as I would like it to be 62 calories

I'm sure.

The total calories for the recipe is 186. Divide by 3= 62. It sounds too good to be true, I know! :smile:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I made these on Friday night... I made the whole head of cauliflower so I doubled everything else.

The texture didn't come out right. THey looked like grits. The taste was good. I will keep working with them. I will make them again. They even passed the test of 2 little girls (which I couldn't stop giggling like a fool as they ate it up).
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eating4balance
    Options
    I made these on Friday night... I made the whole head of cauliflower so I doubled everything else.

The texture didn't come out right. THey looked like grits. The taste was good. I will keep working with them. I will make them again. They even passed the test of 2 little girls (which I couldn't stop giggling like a fool as they ate it up).

To get more of a mashed potato texture, you can also mix the cauliflower with a steamed potato. Not quite as healthy, but definitely less starch and fat than regular mashed potatoes. :smile:

Glad you liked them!
  • klf82
    klf82 Posts: 9
    Options
    WOW!! This sounds delicious! The funny thing is that I was craving something similar to this for weeks. The one I wanted was mashed cauliflower with broccoli.... YUM!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

To get more of a mashed potato texture, you can also mix the cauliflower with a steamed potato. Not quite as healthy, but definitely less starch and fat than regular mashed potatoes. :smile:

Glad you liked them!

So is the grit texture right? I guess I don't know what "right" texture is exactly...

Ok, I just googled... mine were way too wet. Hmm, I wonder if doubling everything was too much?
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I so would love that. I love cauliflower. Can someone tell me what bumping means?
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh boy ! I gotta try these for sure. Thanks.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump