Thoughts on Slimming World please?

Options
eliza2811
eliza2811 Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to this forum. I joined Slimming World about 3 weeks ago. Now can't help thinking it's like some cult. You pay £5 to get weighed!! That sounds ridiculous when I write it even. People in my group seem to have been going for years. You lose weight, leave, regain weight and rejoin. Is there a better way to diet? I hate measuring milk out. Thanks x

Replies

• angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I've never heard of it being called a cult.

I started on January 4th and have lost 1st 1.5lbs so far. I have found the whole SW really beneficial, it's been a really eye opener and I have made so many positive changes to my diet. The group I attend only started in October and there have been some amazing losses in that short time. I stay to group each week and learn lots from the other members.

I don't feel SW is for everyone, I tried it around 7 years ago and it didn't work with my life style at the time and I didn't lose more than a few pounds.

Ps, I never weigh my milk ;) x
  • runningemma
    runningemma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A waste of money in my personal opinion
  • eliza2811
    eliza2811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much :) I will attend SW for the 10 weeks (I've prepaid for a countdown course) and see what changes occur. The ironic thing is my friend, who is the same age and height as me, has set a target weight which is higher than my current weight. 5ft 3'', 40yrs old and 11st just over I am, and that alone makes me wonder why I'm dieting. Of course I do want to lose some and need to.