HRM - wii fit - zones??? eating back what you have burned??

Options
Hi, So i got a HRM - Polar ft4 - and been logging my calories on here so i know they are accurate. however, what about the calories burned when i am not in the 'zone'? you know, the Heart rate zone? Do these still count?

Its just ive been on my wii fit and didnt get in this zone much of the time, even though i gave it my all at boxing and got sweaty.

Also, should i eat these back? today im going to have to, as ive run short on calories, but it seems to be a bit pointless working my *kitten* off working out then eating them again - does that not defeat the object??

Replies

• canuck_67
    canuck_67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    keep to your allowed daily calories. The exercise addition shows how much your have burned off. ie. your basic calorie burn is 2000 a day, you are allowed 1500. this gives you a deficit of 500 a day, or around 3500 a week = 1 lb lost of weight.

The exercise amounts shown are in excess of this. And yes - if you are moving your body you are burning calories regardless. the zones are more for specific training when targeting fat or cardio during your workout. If you are not in great shape that wont matter right now. Right now you need to keep your food intake to proper amounts, eat better types of foods, and move your body. it will all come together if you work the program. And this is not a diet, its a change of lifestyle. you can never go back to your old ways, or the weight will come back. its that simple. Good luck with your journey.