When the scale doesn't tell the whole story

Options
I know I am changing body shape and eating healthy. Really so good for me. Positive No Soda. No Alcohol Cut Sugars and artificial sweeteners. Trying super hard to get sleep and proper rest. Ughhhh scale still says 209 lbs. I don't think I look that heavy and if I measure at my naval I have lost 5 inches. That is HUGE. So glad I took measurements. I have been to gym a couple times. Slow and steady. Life changing for life long goals. Just venting because I really want to be below 200 and stay there by St Pattys day. Then I can set my next 10 pound goal. I ramble. Happy Saturday

Replies

• Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Keep it up--for some of us, the scale really isn't the pivotal point: it's the jeans! LOL!

You're right that all around healthful living should be our goal, so kudos to you for keeping that in focus, and for taking it at a pace you know you can stick to.

Eventually, you can push yourself, be it sooner or later, but when you're just getting back into the swing of things, my thought is that it's better not to put yourself out of the race by pulling a hamstring or a back muscle just for the sake of "pushing yourself". That's just reckless!

Good luck, and best wishes!