Combat sport

Options
Aaisha92
Aaisha92 Posts: 206 Member
edited February 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Really what to get bak into some sort of combat sport like kickboxing. does anyone here do that kind of sport and what do you think ?

Replies

• OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started out Karate fighting, turned to kick boxing, then finally wound up in MMA. I've been training MMA/UFC fighters for over 25 years. It's the greatest work out you will ever get!!! I encourage you to find a MMA gym near you. What city / state do you live in? I could direct you to the best place in that area.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been doing kickboxing for 5 years. No actual combat but I love the light sparring we do at my gym. Great all around exercise mixing cardio, agility, flexibility and mental focus. Find a gym and try it out!
  • Aaisha92
    Options
    Yeah I used to do karate years ago and really like it .. will definitely have to try kickboxing .
  • Aaisha92
    Options
    OldManOne wrote: »
    I started out Karate fighting, turned to kick boxing, then finally wound up in MMA. I've been training MMA/UFC fighters for over 25 years. It's the greatest work out you will ever get!!! I encourage you to find a MMA gym near you. What city / state do you live in? I could direct you to the best place in that area.

Sounds amazing ! I Live in the UK so might be a bit difficult to find me a gym
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I take Krav Maga classes & highly recommend it. I'm learning how to protect myself if ever I find myself attacked. It's a mix of martial arts, boxing & street fighting I believe. You can test to earn belts but its not ever used for ring competition. In my class there's a mix of security guards, police officers, nurses/PSWs, women who have been either threatened or assaulted, people who are black belts &/or experienced in other martial arts/fighting styles & others who are using the classes as general fitness to get in better shape.
  • Aaisha92
    Options
    Thanks!. Went to a kick boxing gym yesterday really enjoyed it !