My climb...

Options
Well, I'm back after a two year hiatus. In my previous time here, I lost a transforma tional 60 lbs (255 to 195) over a 10 month period. I was at a healthy weight (basically in that last 5 to 10 pound zone), I feeling and looking great. I'd essentially overhauled my lifestyle. I was eating clean, and living an active lifestyle, working out or playing sports 5 to 6 times per week.

Long story short, I fell back into my old, unhealthy habits. It was a two year tumble back down to the bottom of the mountain. So here I am, right back where I was almost 3 years ago. I'm not going to dwell on reasons, this time, I'm wiser and know the route back to the top. I also know the pitfalls of complacency. One thing I've become acutely aware of, is the contrast between the two body compositions. Energy, state of mind, general sense of well being, and yes, the way others treat you. These are all sources of motivation.

One regret I had last time, was my failure to document my journey, or take before and after pictures. This time around, I'm planning on sharing my thoughts along the way. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• david4health2016
    Options
    We have similar stories....although I've never used this app, I have tumbled back down the unhealthy rabbit hole and feel I would benefit from your journey.
  • Haevyre
    Haevyre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Spent a lot of time evaluating the factors that caused the fall. For me, it wasn't that what I was doing was unsustainable. Certain disruptions in my rhythm led to a loss of momentum. Injuries, hectic life, changes in schedule, etc. I slipped and was never able to regain my footing.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion, don't just look at the scale. Take measurements and looks at overall inches lost. Too many people only focus on the scale and miss how many inches they are losing. Best wishes and feel free to add me for support!
  • Haevyre
    Haevyre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. For me, the scale provides great daily feedback as to my body's response to my activities/nutrition. Measurements, photos, performance during workouts/sports, and general sense of health and energy levels are all factors I use to track my progress. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    +1 About changes in schedule. Having to work nights for a whole month totally killed my momentum. But they way I see it, if you did it once , you can do it again!
    And documenting pictures has worked so much better this time around. Numbers don't always tell the whole story.