Am I losing too fast or just right?

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
I joined MFP exactly 35 days ago and today I lost my 10th pound! I'm really happy, and enjoying the process. I feel GREAT and have tons of energy. However I just wanted opinions on if I am losing too fast?

For some background, my daily food goal is 1310 calories, and I always net at least 1200 or more a day after exercise.

Replies

• brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    Is MFP set to two pounds per week or what are your settings? It does seem to be fast, but I think it is okay, just keep up with a maintenance program when you reach your goal.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Is MFP set to two pounds per week or what are your settings? It does seem to be fast, but I think it is okay, just keep up with a maintenance program when you reach your goal.

Mine is actually set to 1lb per week. But I'm thinking my activity level might be set wrong. It's set at Sedentary. But honestly, I'm not minding at all if I'm losing 2lbs per week! I am eating A LOT (that's why I gained weight in the first place... I wasn't eating enough).
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I think its fine especially since you found what the reason for it.
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    just go by how your body feels. if you feel awesome and have lots of energy, you're doing this spot on, if you're feeling tired and fatigue all the time, you might wanna let up a little. Just take cues from what you're body is "telling" you.
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    Yes, I agree. Listen to your bodies signals. I don't think that you are losing too fast if you are meeting your calorie mark and not losing more than 2lbs a week. :) Now with that being said, I am also not a nutrition expert lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hey we started on the same day and i have lost about 9 lbs on here my weigh in is tomorrow but the past few weigh ins havnt been moving too much. What kind of work outs are you doing?
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Hey we started on the same day and i have lost about 9 lbs on here my weigh in is tomorrow but the past few weigh ins havnt been moving too much. What kind of work outs are you doing?

I'm trying to switch it up as much as possible, but I'm pretty much walking 6-7 times a week (1 to 4 miles each walk, with hills), rock climbing 1-2 times per week, and at least 10-20 push-ups per day. Then I'll also add in things like weights, abs workouts, skateboarding, tennis, etc when I can. I'm trying to do the biggest variety of exercises to keep it interesting and keep my body guessing!
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i think your perfect :)

hahah take it babe if your body is loving it and loosing it, go with it! :)
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Aww thank you Bree! :heart:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is awesome. You're doing perfect. Wish mine was as consistent as yours. Lol!