Wii Fitness Games... The Good, The Bad... and the Ugly?

Options
Hey guys,

I am looking into getting another wii game to assist with the exercise componant of this lifestyle change. Currently I only have the wii fit, and it really doesn't put the sweat on. It's better than nothing, but really is more of a warm up than anything. Is there any other games that you guys would recommend?

Anyone have: Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011, My Fitness Coach and/ or Wii EA Sports Active? What's the "skinny" on these?

I am looking for some conveniant bad weather work out options. We live out in the country and the gym is 30 mins away. Not so conveniant when its cold and ugly out and you don't want to do anything. lol

Thanks so much!

Replies

• onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Active and I really like it
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    LOVE Wii EA Sports! Have the first one and am working through the 30 day challenge on 'hard' - lost my first 10-15lbs working the medium game & riding with my horse.

I would totally by EA Sports 2 - or both 1&2, especially if you can get them at EB games used - super cheap!!

I saw the trailer for Jillian Micheal's game today... I'm a little worried its too much of a video game and not really a workout... going to hold off on that one until a friend gets it first.

Wouldn't waste my money on the other one - friend has it... your money is better spent with EA Sports Active.
  • tristanathan
    Options
    There's a Wii 10minute Solutions cardio game. It has kickboxing which is pretty fun and comes with weighted gloves. It's a pretty decent workout.

On the wii fit, I like to do the ultimate hula hoop stuff which provides are a really good core workout if you do it right.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    All I can say about those games you listed, is that Wii EA Sports Active sucked.
  • wishing_well
    Options
    What about Dance Dance Revolution? It gives you a good work out - you're jumping around a ton - and it's actually fun. A lot of the time I'm so focused (especially once I got into the harder difficulties) that I don't actually realize it's a workout.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wii Zuma makes you sweat alot .... and Just Dance does as well .... those are the two I use for cardio when I can't get out and walk/jog.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I love my EA sports active. I started with the 30 day challenge to try a lot of different activities and then once I knew what I liked and worked best for me I set up several different custom workouts of varying lengths. I will purchase the EA Active more workouts when I get bored with this, but at three times a week I still really like it.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had a heck of a workout the other night playing Wii Sports boxing, and all I was doing was punching air, but I felt it through my arms, shoulders and back for three days afterward! I wore my HRM, and I burned over 400 cals in 45 minutes, and had a LOT of fun.
  • anggoz77
    anggoz77 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and it has an option for Just Sweat and it tracks your calories burned... LOVE it!! Plus it's fun! I'm also looking into Zumba because I do Zumba on a weekly basis with my mom & some friends.. If you've never tried it, you have to!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    14il63k.jpg

This is what the 9 week program did for me on EA Sports Active 2! I absolutely love it and it gets me sweating and working hard!! It is a definite workout!! Comes with a heart rate monitor and leg sensor so it tracks your cals burned too which makes it easy to log!
  • mindslack
    mindslack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have all the EA Sports Active games. I am using EA Sports Active 2 as it has a good core workout too and you don't have to hold the remote all the time because of the arm sensor.

I use that 4 times a week on medium and am at day 13 of the 9 week challenge. It really pushes you and is brutally effective.

When I want to do something fun or feel like I should exercise as I have troffed lots of food, I do a Zumba on the Wii workout. Which is loads of fun and again, a good cardio/core workout.

Do not underestimate the power of EA Sports Active 2. You think it maybe easy but its progressive which means you really REALLY feel it. Good isolation work, good cardio and good advice on how to do the exercises. Highly recommend it.
  • Twylyght
    Options
    I have all the EA Sports Active games. I am using EA Sports Active 2 as it has a good core workout too and you don't have to hold the remote all the time because of the arm sensor.

I use that 4 times a week on medium and am at day 13 of the 9 week challenge. It really pushes you and is brutally effective.

When I want to do something fun or feel like I should exercise as I have troffed lots of food, I do a Zumba on the Wii workout. Which is loads of fun and again, a good cardio/core workout.

Do not underestimate the power of EA Sports Active 2. You think it maybe easy but its progressive which means you really REALLY feel it. Good isolation work, good cardio and good advice on how to do the exercises. Highly recommend it.

I completely agree!!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have the wii active, and the Jillian Michaels Ultimatum 2011. They're both pretty good, but I think I like Jillian more. It's certainly more challenging, and you don't need any equipment other than your balance board. ( and you can do without that as well if you want.) I did it for the first time the other day, and did 2 "missions" in a row.. because I was feeling fine and wanted a 35 minute workout rather than 15. I felt great after, but the next day was SOOO sore.. and for the next 3 days! It rarely lasts THAT long! She keeps you moving constantly too, where there's still space between "events" with the Wii Active. Only thing with Jill though-- it won't tell you at the end how many calories you probably burned. But, you can just log it as aerobics, or whatever else you feel.

Hope that helps!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much guys!! So do you recommend that I pick up Wii EA Sports Active 1? 1 and 2? Just 2?
  • Twylyght
    Options
    Wow thanks so much guys!! So do you recommend that I pick up Wii EA Sports Active 1? 1 and 2? Just 2?

I personally like 2 better than 1 (I have both) you don't need to do the first one before doing 2 but it is definitely up to you :smile:

Good luck! You will do awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Wii Zumba is great! Wouldn't recommend the 10 minute cardio one. I find it boring and hard to control. I can do the punches but the ducks are hard to register.
    I am waiting on EA sports active 2.. Can't wait to get it!
  • ghostlygirl
    Options
    WOW! Great job!
  • aas1277
    Options
    I have the Jillian michaels and its good for muscle conditioning but the cardio is not intense enough in my opinion. I love Just Dance...the newer versions have a setting for exercise...it's menu option "just sweat" what's better than burning calories to your favorite tunes? Sometimes my kids join in too! It will even say " you just walked across Central Park, etc to give you an idea of how you are doing.
    I had zumba for the wii and didn't care for it, the waist band kept slipping and it was uncomfortable ...i prefer the live classes so I traded that one in.
    Goo luck!
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic, I was wondering this myself..