Women 45+ weight loss results

Options
Hi any women weighing over 200lbs under 5ft 4 what's your weekly weight loss ?
Thanks

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That is a pretty specific window.

It will depend on how much said person is eating and exercising.

I'm 45, started on Dec. 7 at 211 and I'm 5'6, so only 2 out of 3. Started out with my calories set to lose 2 pounds a week (1200) and I lost 22 pounds in my first 60 days.

Now I've upped my calories a bit (1400) mainly to get more protein. Feeling stalled at the moment and had a cheat day and I've been eating nearly all my calories most days. OTOH I've been exercising a bit more.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Thankyou I just wondered how women older lost weekly if I'm the only one that's slowed down
    Yeah I know it depends on calories but same age height weight roughly we should eat similar amount bar exercise
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, I set up MFP to lose .5 lbs a week and I'm right on target.
  • rachfking
    rachfking Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been losing very slowly on 1200 calories, which has been frustrating but now just accepting that 1kg a month is still losing. It was definitely easier when we were younger!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started last may at 276 and currently 243.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Well done guys :) tbh I'm glad I'm not alone but wish I could lose like I did 20 years ago hopefully this teaches me not to gain weight again
  • TammerTammer
    TammerTammer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4 and started at 276 on Jan 2nd. Now at 247. 21lbs lost. Goal is 125. I am expecting it to take a year or so.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 as of last November and my rate of loss over the past two years has slowly shrunk from a whopping 4.5 pounds per month to about 2 per month. I refuse to eat below 1500, have a desk job and cannot always exercise. My logging is not as tight as possible and I accept that means I lose slower than I might otherwise. I'm 5'2.5" and started at about 250. Now sitting at about 185 and just taking it as it comes. So long as I don't quit I win. After a lifetime of being obese I'm happy with what logging has done for me.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm taller but I lost 53lbs easily and regularly at 47

Lift heavy things and put them down again (structured progressive resistance programme :) )

Move more by walking more

Stick to your calorie defecit across the week

I lost at 2lbs a week for a few weeks, then 1.5, then 1 and a lot at 0.5 a week by purposefully slowing it down
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and 5'3". I started at 229 and I am now down to 187! When I started I was losing about 2 lbs a week until I hit the 200lb range. Then I slowed down to 1lb per week. Most weeks I lose a little over one lb.

I have upped my steps. I struggled to get 10K a day, now I get around 16K-18K - some of that is on the treadmill. I have also started lifting weights some. I net around 1400 calories a day.
  • deanaferrari
    deanaferrari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and 5'4". I started at 313 lbs this latest round - that was 11/18/15. I got desperate because a month later had lost only 6 pounds. I was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic but was deeply afraid I'd already gone over the edge into full diabetes (problems with my feet, dizziness, weak, 12/night peeing trips, etc.) I joined a guided weight loss program and started my diet on 12/29/15. Since then, it's been dramatic weight loss one week, nothing for 2 weeks, loss again another week, then 1 pound the next. It's been a roller-coaster, but now 7 weeks later, I've lost 30.2 pounds with this diet alone - 36 pounds since 11/18/15. Essentially, on my diet, 4.3 pounds a week. Though my diet plan is a big part of this success, I'm attributing the MyFitnessPal app as my most important tool as it helps me track and plan my nutritional intake over the day (more proteins in a.m., need more vegetables in the p.m.), etc. I also still have about 110 more pounds to go so it could be the pounds will stop flying off as I get to more "normal" weights.