gaining muscle. work outs. exhausted.

Options
I started my muscle mass gain workout the first of Feb. So far I have gained about 3 lbs from these work outs. Logged in over 100 work out moves. Am starting to tone up in legs butt and arms. But now I'm starting to get exhausted. I went from doing ten minutes a day passing out. Now I can go between one hour and hour and half workouts. Which is great was doing every day. Now trying every other day or at least 5 days a week. I do full body every time. I can't focus on just one part because I don't feel like I get a good work out if I don't. I am female 110 lbs now started at 104.a few months ago. My goal is 115-120. In muscle gain mostly. I do two protien shakes a day and get about 100 grams of protien most days. What should I improve on to gain more and not burn out? I am now vegetarian also. No meats.

Replies

• FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    What routine are you following? A structured routine will help you in the long run. You may not need to be going 5 days a week. Three days can be a good amount and will still help you increase strength and size. Take the rest, you don't want your lifts to ever be suffering from exhaustion.
  • monkeybusiness2104
    Options
    I'm not exhausted like pain from working out. Just my energy level is low right now. And I have a work out routine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not exhausted like pain from working out. Just my energy level is low right now. And I have a work out routine.

You have a routine, but do you actually have proper programming? Logging over 100 moves just sounds arbitrary and not like well structured programming. Proper programming will provide you with the rest and recovery you need.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you're burning out it's your bodies way of telling you to eat more. If this isn't what you want you do then scale back the workouts. And like others say, a program with structured sets and reps will allow you to fuel properly around your sessions. I scaled back from 5 sessions a week to 4 and upped my cals and feeling much better for it. Good luck!
  • CodyQuinlan
    CodyQuinlan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    100 moves? Sounds like a lot focus on building strength in compound movements squat, deadlift, over head press, bench. Lower reps higher weight more rest in between sets should help. There's always the magic drink pre workouts haha
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    100 moves as in 100 different exercises for your full body workout or 100 sets/reps? If you're doing full body workouts Id do what others have recommended. Stick with your major compound lifts. They're great all around movements. Also it doesn't matter how much protein you're consuming if you're not in a caloric surplus in regards to muscle growth. I could eat 300g a day but if I was at a significant deficit I wouldn't see any growth. Progressive overload, smart training, rest, and caloric surplus are what's needed for muscle growth.
  • monkeybusiness2104
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

You have a routine, but do you actually have proper programming? Logging over 100 moves just sounds arbitrary and not like well structured programming. Proper programming will provide you with the rest and recovery you need.
    Yes I have specific routine I do. 100 moves is what is had logged in since the day I started. Not in one day. In one day I average about 15-20 work out moves at 3 sets each. I do the same every work out but maybe add a new move here and there. I have a caloric surplus of about 1000 extra ca per week. I have now gained 5 lbs total. Now it's going to build muscle. Finally
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Yes I have specific routine I do. 100 moves is what is had logged in since the day I started. Not in one day. In one day I average about 15-20 work out moves at 3 sets each. I do the same every work out but maybe add a new move here and there. I have a caloric surplus of about 1000 extra ca per week. I have now gained 5 lbs total. Now it's going to build muscle. Finally

What are the moves and did you design the program your self?

Also, just be aware that such a high surplus is going cause a lot of fat... muscle growth has limitations.
  • llillio
    llillio Posts: 9 Member
    Options

20 moves 3 sets each, if your doing 10 reps per set, is 600 reps a workout...
    You should consider tuning your program a bit, and definitely consider split routines. You don't need to be hitting the whole body every time you're at the gym. You want to be hitting your large muscles groups hard and give 48 hours before you work them again. Yes, you can work the smaller muscles evey day - biceps, triceps, abs, calfs, etc. But the way I see it, on a leg day I only hit the legs - gluts, hams, thighs, calfs, lower back - and would be doing about 6-7 exercises. When I'm done I shuffle out of the gym with wobbly legs and won't be thinking about legs again for at least 3 days...

Focus your routine... highly recommended.