I'm Whitney "Hi Whitney"

Options
Hello! I'm Whitney! I have been struggling with my weight. In one month I gained 7lbs from poor diet, stress eating, and depression. I recently found out I may have hypothyroidism. Which has also contributed to my weight gain. I'm 5'4 167 and I'm really unhappy. I'm hoping this app, along with support and going to the gym will help. I'd appreciate any words of encouragement. !

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Welcome Whitney
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    1ProudHappyWife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome Whitney! I was misdiagnosed with hypothyroidism. Took meds for it for over two years before I got a new doctor who thinks it was a misdiagnosis. :( It's pretty frustrating, since now I'm working out again and doc is weaning me off the thyroid medication to see if I actually need it. And now I'm tired all the time (to say the least) while my body tries to readjust.

I'm almost 5'4 and was 175 when I started my fitness journey two years ago. I got down to 150 and stopped losing which led to me getting frustrated and having an off and on relationship with fitness and losing weight and getting healthy. I'm back on, now, so feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. :)
  • wmfrederick3758
    wmfrederick3758 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement ! It's nice to see someone who shares the same struggle! I'm determined to get this weight off
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    1ProudHappyWife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement ! It's nice to see someone who shares the same struggle! I'm determined to get this weight off

You've got this. :)