Struggling :(

Options
I'm intolerant to lots of foods white breads and some whole meal, tomato based foods, oily fish, fried food, white pasta, butter, etc . Not allergic to them just don't agree with me what's so ever i.e heartburn, ibs, nauseous (never sick though) etc

Finding it hard to find foods that agree with me :/ and getting bored of food I'm already eating , any little food reciepes that are simple, tasty and doesn't contain the listed stuff above ?

Do want to gain some weight just struggling with limited options

Am the only one in my whole family that is skinny and have intolerances to few foods :(

Female 22, 5ft3 104lbs

Replies

• crokera87
    crokera87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 114lb 5"2, I'm trying to do 2500 calories a day and it's a challenging for me. Try some ensure plus supplements. Try another pasta and Nutella
  • borrego6193
    borrego6193 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not sure if youre a flexible dieter or not but if not, try eating more nuts, peanuts have a lot of calories, granola, milk, anything that stays in your macros
  • taahirac001
    taahirac001 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk full fat has 400 calories per cup. Use that to make a banana peanut butter smoothie with two tbsp of honey in it will get you 1200 calories

Others high in fat are mangos, avocado, nuts
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a dietian not an Internet forum. Please talk to a professional.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats!~ Coconut oil, Macadamia Nuts & oil, Kerrygold Butter. Make it so! :)
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How many calories are you bulking up to? Here is a list of calorically dense foods that I find are easy to consume:

Whole milk, nuts, nut butters (almond / peanut butter), olive oil, avocado.

All these can be consumed relatively easily (peanut butter sandwiches, bag of almonds beside you, make shakes with whole milk, fruits of your choice, and a couple of shots of olive oil, etc).

A Tbsp of olive oil is 120 calories, have 4 of those and you suddenly consumed 480 calories! Mix it in with a shake, or just have it plain... the fat is good for you (not to be confused with bodyfat!).

When I was underweight and bulking, I made shakes with whole fat milk, 1x banana, some blueberries, spinach (you don't taste it), chocolate whey protein, and 1-2 shots of olive oil, depending on how my calories were looking for the day. Easily 700 calories on a drink with good macros.

Edit: I saw your stats, so basically you'd have to consume ~1800-2000 calories depending on your activity level. Find a couple high calorie recipes you like and get it up there! You need to force yourself to eat, even if that means taking shots of olive oil before bed!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This list has a bunch of foods that can help.

Since you have a lot of food issues, find foods that are dense in calories that will help you reach your goal. That could mean even drinking some of them (like chocolate milk with extra chocolate).