Fell off the wagon

Options
Cesnoddon
Cesnoddon Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I made a huge mistake. I lost half my goal weight and missed a few days of logging that turned into a month :( and some weight gain. Looking for people to help me get back on track.

Replies

• Cesnoddon
    Options
    Veldan wrote: »
    I made a huge mistake. I lost half my goal weight and missed a few days of logging that turned into a month :( and some weight gain. Looking for people to help me get navk on track.
    Get me back* on track.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I made a huge mistake. I lost half my goal weight and missed a few days of logging that turned into a month :( and some weight gain. Looking for people to help me get navk on track.
    Get me back* on track.

Get back on the wagon.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The last time I fell off the wagon I was 16 years old and weighed 180. I got to 38 years old at 380. Word.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Feel free to add me, I'll send positive energy your way!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Just take today as a fresh start. We've all been there so it's not uncommon for this. Losing weight or maintaining weight is a lifelong journey, not a short sprint. Just have to be patient, stay confident, and rely on MFP to help you out
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    @Veldan Welcome back! That is your first step to getting back on the wagon!! You have done this once before so you know it's possible.
  • Cesnoddon
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    Today is a new day! Feel free to add me, I'll send positive energy your way!
    Thanks. Request sent.
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I made a huge mistake. I lost half my goal weight and missed a few days of logging that turned into a month :( and some weight gain. Looking for people to help me get back on track.

take some time off and think of your "why" you want to lose. It needs to be better than last time.
    If you have a genuine "why" then you won't need any external motivation- Your "why" will get you out of bed and help you all the way.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Heyo!

Friend me if you like :)

You've got this!
  • Cesnoddon
    Options
    Get me back* on track.

Get back on the wagon.

I didn't ask for and English critique, but while were on the topic, "get back on track" is perfectly fine since "Fell off the wagon" is a phrase that doesn't refer to a physical wagon that I have to get back on. It means I got off track.

And your not foolin' anyone there harrybananas, maybe you should pick a less famous celeb as your profile pic and not Lenardo Decaprio.
  • Cesnoddon
    Options
    Heyo!

Friend me if you like :)

You've got this!
    Thanks. Request sent

• Shelbelle40
    Shelbelle40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What I love about the food diary is when you finish logging your food and you go to the bottom and complete your entry it comes up with this - 'If every day were like today you would weigh (whatever number) in five weeks". I love it because every day is NOT going to be like today. Good or bad. Every day you get to choose. Your month off track is gone so let it go. Today and tomorrow and the next day are all days you get choose again. If you had already lost half of your goal it sounds like you know what you need to do. Malpalicious is right - YOU GOT THIS!
  • mjinpgh
    mjinpgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. This is another effort by me as well. I fell off 7 YEARS ago. Over 60lbs gained in those years. Not pretty. But hoping im finally in the right mind set to make a lasting change. I will be around to keep ya honest if you do the same for me. :smile: Lets put yesterday to rest and work hard for tomorrow. :smiley:
  • battyg1313
    battyg1313 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • tronrulez
    tronrulez Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow really. Criticizing someone's grammer and phrasal on a fitness app... U must be lost Harry. Real lost...
  • marquisbob
    marquisbob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost nearly 40lb and fell of the wagon and put it all back on so I know how you feel. Back on it now and lost 17lb so far! Friend me if you like
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One thing I always tell myself is "Whatever I do today let's make it better than yesterday" Day by day it helps.
  • zenthebird
    zenthebird Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't think that was a grammar critique earlier. I read "get back on the wagon" as advice. Simply stated, you fall off, then you must get back on to continue your weight loss journey.
  • AngryGangrel
    AngryGangrel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Indeed, I doubt Harry was trying to correct your metaphor. He simply answered your question in a very blunt fashion. Hey, we've all been there and fallen short of our goals...but it's very empowering to remember that all you need to get back on track (or on the wagon, both expressions apply) is your own determination to do so. You can do this!