Friends please....

Options
carlabillie
carlabillie Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I'm Carla. Started this journey two weeks ago! Currently trying to lose a stone! Just started the slim fast plan two shakes a day and healthy meal! Currently weigh 9 stone just seem to y0y0 any tips will be apprishated? Feel free to add me aswel :)

Replies

• tronrulez
    tronrulez Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wait 2 shakes and a meal is all Ur eating all day?? That's crazy... Not enough calories.
  • erminamoire2000
    erminamoire2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We put on weight one day at a time. We can't take it off in One Day. Take your Time Please. GOD Bless you.
  • erminamoire2000
    erminamoire2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 68 year ol lady trying to loose some of this weight. I do Home Care so all I do is sit. So yeah it comes on fast. Any way I live alone and would love to meet some of you. Young n Oldies all are Ok. Have a Wonderful Blessed Sunday.
  • carlabillie
    Options
    Yes two shakes a day which has 230 calories in and a main meal which is usally about 600 calories and with the added snacks it's coming up to my 1200 calorie goal which is what is set on here! Although Iv found I am really hungry so have just one shake a day now for lunch and a good breakfast and dinner :)
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I bet if you didn't bother with any shakes any ate good food you'd still only use 1200 kcal's but feel way better. Its definitely doable. End of the day though, do what works for you. Good luck!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Not sure your weight currently and your goals but Slim Fast isn't a good way to lose weight in a sustainable way. Sure, you'll lose weight but what will you have learned? You'll just be back in a year or so trying it all again and likely be worse than you are now. My advice would be to ditch the shake diet and find a sustainable lifestyle change.

Good luck to you.
  • carlabillie
    Options
    I started at 9.1 stone managed to get down to 8.12 without the shakes but it's been two weeks now and still weighing in at 8.12 I'm 4 foot 11 so trying to get down to the 8 stone mark! The weight just don't want to budge and I'm doing a lot more walking etc
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I started at 9.1 stone managed to get down to 8.12 without the shakes but it's been two weeks now and still weighing in at 8.12 I'm 4 foot 11 so trying to get down to the 8 stone mark! The weight just don't want to budge and I'm doing a lot more walking etc

It's only been two weeks, that's a normal thing for those who are trying to lose to hit such temporary plateaus. You don't really need to resort to a product that isn't going to help you in the long run. I understand the frustration but give it another week or two and just see what happens before you try the shakes.
  • carlabillie
    Options
    It's just frustrating I was planning to lose pound a week but the last two weeks Iv lost nothing and stayed at 8.12 don't know where I'm going wrong Iv stuck to calorie goal and done a lot more exercise than normal..
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    It's just frustrating I was planning to lose pound a week but the last two weeks Iv lost nothing and stayed at 8.12 don't know where I'm going wrong Iv stuck to calorie goal and done a lot more exercise than normal..

If there was a club badge for major frustration we would all have one of them. All I can say is that it is normal and it's all part of the process. You might be retaining water so I would learn how to measure body fat rather than just go by the scale. Tape meassures and clothing fit can be a much better way of looking at your progress and help you keep your sanity when the scale is driving you nuts.

Have you noticed any differences in appearance or clothes fitting?
  • carlabillie
    Options
    No I haven't but then again I look at my self everyday so don't really notice any difference Iv taken a before photo so maybe in a few more weeks will take another and compare! It's my hips that are a big problem I'm very curvey!