So hungry

Options
Day 2 after hitting the reset button. Left my delicious apple at home for my snack. Disaster of a day at work, no breakfast ( no time to stop long enough to eat) scarfed down a side salad & some crackers at lunch & came home & had chili. Trying so hard to make better food choices, but skipping meals makes that so hard.

Replies

• piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lack of planning will kill your diet! This weekend meal plan your butt off and make sure to stock both your kitchen and desk drawer with healthy snacks so you're not caught going 5+ hours hungry. Then you get ravenous and make bad choices. If you have the good food within reach, you'll be able to help yourself stay on track so much easier. Try eating every 2/3 hours or so...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Yes. Planning is a very useful technique. When I fail to plan, and things go wonky, my food choices tend to be in sufficient quantity that they work against my goals. Each day is a lesson. Learn from this one!
  • elizabethhandlon5
    Options
    Yes. It's a challenge. I've had to plan ahead & eat frequently before when I had gestational diabetes. I LOST 20 lbs while I was pregnant doing that & felt the best I've ever felt being pregnant. I typically do try to pack my lunch ahead of time b/c trying to get 4 kids ready for school & myself is just too much to conquer so early without preparation. It's just a habit I'm going to have to get back into. Yep I need to restock my snack supply. I was NOT prepared today!!!
  • beardybuddha73
    beardybuddha73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So first off: I can't imagine trying to lose weight with four kids.

This is just what I do: whenever I start to get hungry, I start to clean or do dishes or anything to take my mind off of food.

Good luck!
  • elizabethhandlon5
    Options
    Not a bad idea. Lol I'm sure my husband would love that. LOL