New looking for friends and like minded people

Options
ok well I have been using this app for a month and it's going really well so far ( touchwood) im looking for friends any who are trying to loose weight like myself. My motivation comes from a breakup my ex split up with me for being not his type physically and I want to prove to myself I can do better and work on myself. If anyone has any advice tips, workout routines or been in a similar situation would be happy to hear from you :)

Replies

• beardybuddha73
    beardybuddha73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    After I had to dump myself from my first long relationship because she was too scared to do it herself, I was 330 pounds at the time.

And yeah, afterwards I wanted to prove something to not only myself, but to stick it to her as well.

Revenge can be good motivation, but don't let it consume you. I got down to 245 in just under a year, but once my vengeance felt complete, I kinda lost track of what I was doing and stopped caring about what I was eating again.

I'm here six years later, down to 249 after getting back up to 270 over five years. But this time is different, because I have a wonderful woman now and I'm losing FOR her and myself, not AGAINST something.

Good luck to you. Feel free to add me.
  • lollysim
    lollysim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thankyou I enjoy the gym and it's given me that motivation but without the right diet i will go round in circles. I know I'll try not to let it turn into revenge but it's hard when you've been stung by a guy who said other girls are more his type physically. But it's not about him it's about me and making myself feel better and being healthy is something im focusing on to help me through it :)
  • jaques33
    jaques33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • mrgman13
    mrgman13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been through the same process, had a woman that i loved to no end and didnt deserve the love nor the attention i gave her. As it too led to a terrible breakup, her calling me "fat", etc, etc. But i have since seen what she turned out to look like herself and she has since ballooned herself. But i too have tried to use this as motivation for myself and intend to thoroughly so if you'd like to add me as a friend be feel free!!!