protein

Options
ok i seem to go over on my protein almost every day...is that ok?

Replies

• texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    protien feeds muscle, but I'm not sure the exact healthy amounts... I have a friend who is on a shake program, & she has to have 100 grams of protien a day... she has done really well with this program...

I'm interested in the other responses here too. thanks for posting.
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe having higher protein and less carbs is a great way to lose weight. I have been on this plan for 6 months and have lost 36 lbs. It works for me. You should also work out 4 to 5 days a week to build muscle from the higher protein.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe having higher protein and less carbs is a great way to lose weight. I have been on this plan for 6 months and have lost 36 lbs. It works for me. You should also work out 4 to 5 days a week to build muscle from the higher protein.

Same for me. I had a meeting with a nutritionist and she told me I need to eat 118g of protein a day.
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    thanks guys! i wont pay so much attn to doing exactly what it says on here then.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It's more than ok, it's prefferable.
  • Chalseylee
    Chalseylee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    An adult who is exercising should have .95grams of protein a day per pound of bodyweight. This means that if you are 200lbs you multiply .95 by 200 to get 190grams of protein. An adult who is building muscle mass needs 2.00grams of protein daily per pound of bodyweight, so this would mean 400grams! You can make these changes in your settings in myfitnesspal to allow more protein in your diet. Just so you know, from a nutrition standpoint, these numbers are the minimum protein intake....myfitnesspal seriously underestimates protein and overestimates carbs...im talking starches, not veggies...eat veggies like they are going outta style folks.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    An adult who is exercising should have .95grams of protein a day per pound of bodyweight. This means that if you are 200lbs you multiply .95 by 200 to get 190grams of protein. An adult who is building muscle mass needs 2.00grams of protein daily per pound of bodyweight, so this would mean 400grams! You can make these changes in your settings in myfitnesspal to allow more protein in your diet. Just so you know, from a nutrition standpoint, these numbers are the minimum protein intake....myfitnesspal seriously underestimates protein and overestimates carbs...im talking starches, not veggies...eat veggies like they are going outta style folks.

+1

Also, an adult who is lifting weights but trying to 'cut' would benefit from an even higher level of protein to spare muscle loss while dieting down.