Getting Married need to make a change.

Options
Hello, my name is Elizabeth. I am getting married in Sept and I need to lose 80lbs to get to my goal weight. Hopefully before the wedding... I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm a super picky eater, so I know my eating habits are going to be the hardest thing to overcome. I need help. I eat turkey and chicken does anyone have any advice? What should I cut out? What foods do i add? ANY and all advice is appreciated!

Replies

• Brendas100
    Brendas100 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth, congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! That is so exciting!

I've been very happily married for 12 years now and think it's one of the best parts of my life :)

I have 80 lbs to lose myself and I'd like to get at least 60 of it off by Sept. because my baby sister is getting married then and I will be seeing a lot of friends and family that I haven't seen in many years, pictures will be taken and I'll have to buy a nice dress - I just want it to be a day I can enjoy and not worry about if my dress fits etc.. So obviously not nearly as exciting as your motivation but a similar time table for us.

I'm pretty new too and my advice isn't so novel -- just take it one bite at a time. Eat the best choices from what you have and don't worry about perfection. Progress. Cut out as much processed/junk food as you can and add in as many fruits/veggies/lean proteins as you can. I'm not a picky eater but I cook for a family of picky eaters and sometimes "better" is the best we can do.

I sent you a friend request hoping that we can support each other on this journey!
  • GavinandEmsMom
    GavinandEmsMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! I also breastfeed which has helped me lose all my pregnancy weight but now I'm at a standstill.. I plan on joining a gym with my fiancé as well as walking every day with my mom. Hoping I can get a lot of weight off so I can feel good trying on dresses!

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Based on the amount of post, it looks like you're new to MFP. I would recommend not to focus right now on what to cut out. Start with learning how to track your food. Even if you go over your calories every day. The hardest part of changing your habits is learning that every bit counts. As you get used to tracking and learn the balance each food has between calories and how long it keeps you full, you'll automatically start choosing the right foods.

The most important thing to keep in mind is not to do anything drastic. If you cut out too many foods you're used to eating you'll burn out.

Feel free to send a friend request if you need/want any support.
  • GavinandEmsMom
    GavinandEmsMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I had to recently cut out a lot due to having my gallbladder removed, so its been quite the adjustment.