sad for p90x :(

Options
gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
I'm sad about p90x cause i want to try it so freakin bad :sad: I am WAY to broke to afford it. :cry:

I have 2 people that are the proud owners of it, and both of them said i could borrow their copy. Yea right?:happy:

NOT:brokenheart:

1 is a family member and he said i could borrow it after he gets done with his first time through but 2 problems with this,
1) he lives 6hrs from here
2) he is only in his 3rd or 4th week.

the other person is a friend from work. However the problem is she 'says' she has to ask her husband if i can borrow it 'cause it's his thing (even though she's told me twice that i could borrow it) but she doesn't ever respond. I think she is jealous of the progress i made (before the wedding back in march) she started a diet (though i use the term loosely. I'm not sure you can call her eating habits a diet) I try to be supportive and in her own way she is supportive of me, in her own condisending yet still somehow supportive way, but at the same time...i'm not sure about her. maybe she's a step above aquaintence and a step below friend. not sure.

whats a poor broke and feeling blech about herself girl supposed to do? I'm going to the gym tonight but i'm not at all enthused about it, which is making it all the much more depressing.

sorry about the rant, :embarassed:

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Try your local library. Ours carries it, but there is a wait list. That will at least let you try it.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    check with craigslist or ebay...u can find anything on those sites :0) even amazon.com may have it cheap:bigsmile:
  • AKAngi
    AKAngi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try eBay!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Check out Craigslist.com. I brought a used copy off of someone. It was half the price.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Check out the bodyrock.tv website. They have really cool workouts for free.
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    quick search of ebay, looks like you could get it for half price.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I would check out your local library. That would be better than getting a bootlegged copy. Also, you can Google the exercise schedule.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just saw there is a book also called P90X at our library. I have the DVDs but I'm going to check out the book too. It says he demonstrates moves and the diet part of it too. You don't really need the videos if this tells you everything to do. The book is called Bring It! by Tony Horton. Check it out!!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I bought on eBay. Got a bootleg copy myself although I didn't realize it at first. Oh well. Still works.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ebay or Craigslist. Bet you could find it way cheaper.
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    i just bought it brand new the full set on ebay for around $100 including shipping
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I really hate to see anyone support bootleggers, and I love P90X, but there is an alternative worth considering. Supreme 90 Day can be bought for $19.95 and it is a great alternative. I have both and P90X is the superior product, but for those who can't or won't lay out the big bucks Supreme 90 is great. Supreme 90 has shorter workouts and no pull ups, but don't be mistaken; it is very challenging and will change your body. Maybe you could get Supreme 90 now and use it as a way to get in shape until one of your friends comes through with letting you borrow P90X. That way you would have a great workout program on your own and can decide on P90X later and buy it at your convenience
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I really hate to see anyone support bootleggers, and I love P90X, but there is an alternative worth considering. Supreme 90 Day can be bought for $19.95 and it is a great alternative. I have both and P90X is the superior product, but for those who can't or won't lay out the big bucks Supreme 90 is great. Supreme 90 has shorter workouts and no pull ups, but don't be mistaken; it is very challenging and will change your body. Maybe you could get Supreme 90 now and use it as a way to get in shape until one of your friends comes through with letting you borrow P90X. That way you would have a great workout program on your own and can decide on P90X later and buy it at your convenience

I lost weight and inches in my first two weeks with Supreme 90 day. Unfortunately, I lose interest easy and never made it past 30 days. But it does work!
  • bob4q
    bob4q Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just buy it! Skip the Starbucks for a while and save up. You'll be glad you did, it's worth every penny and then some. Try your friends or go to a local P90X fit club to get a taste, but, have some integrity and do the right thing. Bootleg copies are stealing. Not cool.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    i just bought it brand new the full set on ebay for around $100 including shipping

That's pretty much the price of the program through Beachbody. :laugh: Also, you get all of the literature, a money back guarantee, AND you can buy it through easy pay plan.
  • tejoman
    tejoman Posts: 12
    Options
    P90x isn't bad if it works for you, in the end it's exercise. But assume for arguments sake it takes $200 to buy P90x, which is just a series of dvds, no new info or anything, couldn't that $200 go to something better that will allow you to change your workouts to how you see fit? Say a gym membership maybe?
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    It is against the MFP rules and the law to advertise illegal copies of any fitness regime.

I will keep this post open for the OP to find out legal bargains to be had, but expect some posts to be deleted.

Advertisements where you may also gain are also not allowed and these posts will be deleted. If you need a reminder of the rules then please check out the "stickies" posted in the general forum threads.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    Ms_Natalie

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator :flowerforyou:
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    P90x isn't bad if it works for you, in the end it's exercise. But assume for arguments sake it takes $200 to buy P90x, which is just a series of dvds, no new info or anything, couldn't that $200 go to something better that will allow you to change your workouts to how you see fit? Say a gym membership maybe?

200$ towards a gym membership in NY gets you about two months with initiation fees etc,

p90x with the dvds bands and pull up bar is probably about 250$? but you get to keep that forever.

I dont get it
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I really hate to see anyone support bootleggers

I wasn't supporting bootleggers at all. I was quite pissed to find out I got a bootlegged copy at first to be honest. But at least all my discs worked and still work. Could of been a lot worse for me. I would only suggest getting p90x from verified distributors after what happened to me.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I really hate to see anyone support bootleggers

I wasn't supporting bootleggers at all. I was quite pissed to find out I got a bootlegged copy at first to be honest. But at least all my discs worked and still work. Could of been a lot worse for me. I would only suggest getting p90x from verified distributors after what happened to me.

Agree, and my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular. It is unfortunate that too many people try to get a "deal" and wind up getting faulty equipment, dvd's, etc. Glad your dvd's work! P90X is great and worth the money if you have it. I got mine from my tax refund in 2009 and it was money well spent. Enjoy!