How long do you think this will take me?

Options
I am just about 5kgs or just over 10 pounds down.

I am currently 90kgs or 198 pounds.

How long do you think it will take me to get down to 65kgs (145 pounds), I ask because I, hoping to be there by my birthday which is November the 4th.

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you lose 1.5 pounds per week you should be at your goal by then.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This sounds doable to me, and I set a goal, just like you, but I was ready to lose weight, ready to make real lifestyle changes so that I can keep the weight off. If I had set a "date" as my goal, I would have been setting myself up to fail. The pressure would have been too much. When I started MFP, I set a weight goal and a 1 lb. per week wait loss so that I felt like I had all the time I needed. Of course, I'm much, much older than you and I've dieted and gained and dieted and gained for years. I AM the classic yo-yo dieter.

If this is your first time out, you shouldn't have trouble getting to your goal. Good Luck! I hope it works out for you.

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sheks41191 wrote: »
    I am just about 5kgs or just over 10 pounds down.

I am currently 90kgs or 198 pounds.

How long do you think it will take me to get down to 65kgs (145 pounds), I ask because I, hoping to be there by my birthday which is November the 4th.

53 pounds at one pound per week = reaching goal on February 28th, 2017

To lose 53 pounds by November 4th, 2016, that means losing 1.45 pounds per week (about .21 pounds per day) to reach your goal.

Can it be done? Sure.

Discipline, maintaining a deficit, lifestyle change, strict attention to CICO, etc...you can make it.

Best of luck to you and reaching your goal!

• philimyri
    philimyri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    drop your carbs consumption and do cardio, it should take you too long. It took me 6 months.
  • mrschikin
    mrschikin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone, download an app called Happy Scale, and input the results of your last few weigh-ins. It will tell you how long it will take to reach your goal, given the rate of weight loss you're currently experiencing.
  • alohajls
    alohajls Posts: 55 Member
    Options
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes that's possible with discipline

philimyri wrote: »
    drop your carbs consumption and do cardio, it should take you too long. It took me 6 months.

This is unnecessary ...the dropping carbs part ...personal preference only

Cardio is great for cardiovascular health (2x 30 mins a week) and would give you a decent calorie burn to eat back (say 250 per session roughly)

Dropping weight makes you look better in clothes. Progressive resistance work (lifting heavy stuff) will make you look good naked and give you confidence