How do you relax

Options
Panda_brat
Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
edited February 2016 in Chit-Chat
I am stressing over my first medical terminology test. Besides exercise which I do not want to over do and injure myself, how do other people relax and unstress?

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Do you normally experience test anxiety/Testophobia? I do, and have found the following information quite valuable:
    Make sure you know the material like the back of your hand. If you pray, that's a great release (by the way, I do, and would be glad to pray for you). If not, journaling can help too. Talk to a trusted confidant about how you feel. Eat properly on the days surrounding the exam, and on the day of. Exercise, but keep it gentle and soothing.

Feel free to send me a FR, with some information about yourself and where you found me, if you want to talk!
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Mantra? There will be test after test. "I will not let this make me crazy." "I know what I know."
  • Hsammon
    Hsammon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Take some deep breaths. Do some stretching. You got this!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I sit quietly and watch my kids play...always reminds me of what's important. I also find the zoo to be a very relaxing place. I also like yoga.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Listen to Guided Meditations on Youtube

Take a walk out in nature

Dance
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    marijuana
    epsom salt bubble baths
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Doggy style works best for me. Hey... At least I'm honest. ;)
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Weeeed
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Seconding epsom salt bath, lavender lotion, getting out in nature, sipping hot tea and listening to whatever music makes you feel most mellow.
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I read comic books. They are my hobby .
  • Panda_brat
    Options

Dance

I am a white boy, I can't dance and I can't jump.

I am Getting confident of the material and relaxing.

I am usually bad on the first test with any teacher because I do not know his/her style. I am calming down.
  • Panda_brat
    Options
    JoeyTajzai wrote: »
    Weeeed

If it works for you great, but chances are once I get into the clinical setting, I am going to be drug tested.

• Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Panda_brat wrote: »
    I am stressing over my first medical terminology test. Besides exercise which I do not want to over do and injure myself, how do other people relax and unstress?

When life seems overwhelming or there is something that has me stressed, I just give it all to God. He has never failed to have my back and even when things didn't work out the way I wanted them to, somewhere down the road I realized it was what was best for me. He is amazing!!!!!!

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Four things. Eat donuts, drink iced coffee, ride bikes and listen to punk rock.
  • bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    video games and long warm baths c:
  • bigizzy
    bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Dance

I like this
  • Kali2024
    Kali2024 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a tool belt diva. I like to build things (it's another form of sculpture right?), so anything that involves saw dust and power tools : )
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Walks, bubble baths, long drives, loud music, target practice, write, hammock, fish, shop.

Medical terminology... Usually you can think of fun/creative ways to remember things. If you've already taken it, I hope it went well. If not...good luck! :)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I liked going fishing before exams in college. I'd usually study, or at least thing about studying, and then hit the lake...
  • Panda_brat
    Options
    Took my first exam, got a B+. Now that I know the testing style, and know i can do it, the next test will be easier.