Anyone with a recent knee surgery?

Options
Hi everyone. I've been sidelined with a knee injury for almost a year now and recently had arthroscopic surgery to hopefully repair the problem. It's been almost 3 weeks and I'm eager to get active and running again. I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there who has also recently had arthroscopic surgery to compare recovery, results, etc. with.

Post here if you've got anything to share!

Replies

• matty86suk
    matty86suk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I broke my right patella into 3 pieces last March. 2 months in a cast, 2 months using a cane and 2 months of Physio had me functional. I can ride a bike like a mad man but cannot run yet. I get pain 2 minutes in and if I push it I'm sore for a week. My therapist suggest talking with a surgeon again...take it slow
  • okeefester3
    okeefester3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yikes! That sounds horrible. I just had patella cartilage cleaned up and my plica cut back. I used the arc trainer the other day at the gym and it felt pretty good. The next day I tried cycling and my knee cap was bouncing all around and popping so I stopped and just walked the treadmill. It swelled up again pretty good afterwards so I laid off of it. I'm probably a little too eager. I've put on weight since my injury and I want it off so badly.

Your injury sounds far worse than mine but I'm glad to hear you can cycle! If probably be talking to a surgeon if I were you. Maybe you've got some scar tissue or something resulting from the repair?